• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

gvk

Where should a guy fish for his first time on ot?

MJCatfish

What fish are you targeting?

MJ

gvk

walleye only

fishermatt

If you get out in the lake a ways off the Pelican Bay access, look for the Otter Tail water tower. Go due west for 1/4 mile, and the tower will line up with a HUGE cottonwood tree by the OT river entrance off Hwy 1. Follow that line until you are straight out from the Pier, find 14-22 feet of water and start drillin'. You'll get at least 1 walleye and probably an eeelpout or 2.

MJCatfish

If you don't find that spot grin.gif, get a map and look for mid lake humps. I've caught walleyes in 8 ft. all the way to 27 ft. lately.

Good Luck!

MJ

Scoot

MJ,

How have you been doing on OT? Is it worth me coming out and having you guide me for a day some weekend pretty soon? If this does happen, I'd appreciate it if you could 1) keep my holes free from ice, 2) take my fish off for me, and 3) bait my hook. That's not too much to ask for from a buddy, is it? grin.gif

Seriously, is it worth a trip out in the semi-near future? Don't know for sure if I can swing it, but if you tell me yes I can find out sure as heck.

MJCatfish

It's always worth a trip out to God's country! Something always seesm to be cooperating in this area one time or another.

MJ

Big Pine Walleye

MJ--If you are baiting hooks--you can count me in too!! smirk.gif