• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report from tues. - thurs.

binsfeldnick

Got up there tuesday around noon and headed out of terrys. Fished same spot that we marked fish on last week and again marked lots of fish. Only problem was they wouldn't bite. I got a 19" and a 16". Girlfriends cousin came over by us and set up his wheelhouse and put down the camera so at least now we know they are all walleyes down there. He ended up getting a 27" at about 8:45 after we had left the lake. Wed. fished the south end out of KJ's near spirit island. Had no luck around spirit so moved to a rock hump to the west of there. Soon as we got setup I got a 17" and my dad lost an eater under the ice. Continued to mark some fish but they weren't very hungry. My dad lost a couple more eaters under the ice(hook got caught on ice) and also got a few decent perch. I got a 15" right before dark and then there was nothing. We fished on top of the hump in 25' of water and also off the edges in 29'. I got my 2 fish on a small silver buckshot and he had his luck on a setline with a red gamakatsu and fathead. Went back to the same spot thurs. morning and got nothing. 2 small walleyes and one jumbo. The girlfriends cousin move out near midget and ended up doing pretty well. Had his limit of eaters and 2 big ones at 3:30 a.m. A 26" and a 27". Anyone else have any luck this week.

BINS, thanks for the report. Could you tell me if the ice is covered with snow completely yet?

Thanks!

Quote:

All the ice on the north end has snow cover.

Thanks BendnSend. That's where I do most of my fishing anyway.

Fished the north end flats this week here, just returned actually! Time to scrub that fish house smell off I guess! But the action was fair I would say, except for last nite! I dont know what got into some of those hogs, but man were they hungry! Action started about 8 pm and went until I had to leave this morning at 6! Found a sharp inside turn in 29-31 fow on the break of a flat and had steady action all nite. Orange glow #6 hook with a fathead seemed to be the bait of choice last for them. Had 7 fish take the bait, but because of some error on our part only managed to bring 3 on the floor of the house. Big fat 24, a 27 and one at 23.5! I looked at the pics this morning and realized how fat the 24 was compared to the 27 which was still in good shape but did not near have the feed bag on like that 24! Headed back up here soon as the batteries charge and hopefully have some more good luck!

There is a little bit of snow on the ice but not a whole lot if planning on bringing up a snowmobile. I have both and opted to use the wheeler. I have been up the past three weeks from tues. -thurs. but will not be able to make it back up till the 7 and 8 for the fmers event. Will not have any place to stay cuz buddy is taking the big shack off the lake. Good luck to all and I will keep reading to find out where the hot spots are for the fmers event.

The ice just has to be covered. Polaris' ATV tracks don't take much to lube but they'll heat up pretty fast without. 1/2 inch or better will do.

I had them put tracks on when i bought them which was a mistake this year but I agree I would leave wheels on in these conditions.

If thats all they take to keep them cool you should be in good shape. Plus there are plenty of spots that have drifted up a little for you to hit some snow. Fished the west side and the south end and both had bout the same. Maybe an inch with some drifting. Good luck.

Yeah they don't spin real fast like a snowmobile.

Looks like a go. I'll send a report from next week if I get up there.