• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

excellent mille lacs spot

blanch

I've been fishing the north end of mille lacs now for about 3 weeks straight. Matton flats have been on fire. especially the very tip of the finger. it was common to get daily limits and many fish in the 25-28" range. I would expect that the fishing will slow down, it is that time of season.

i was on Matton last weekend for an entire day almost and caught one perch, I think this may be a wild goose chase! grin.gif

Hmmmm

Now we gotta wonder

Is blanch sending us on a wild goos chase ?

OR

Is he telling the truth and TRZ is trying to decoy us away from his hot spot?

confused.gifcrazy.gifconfused.gif

Even though he may be trying to decoy people away from his spot, you know that now there will be people out there trying it.

I can picture him now sittin in his truck with binocs watching the parade of trucks and permys headed out to Matton just rollin! Good stuff.

AAAAHHHHHH!! But what if he's telling the truth?? One good honest JOE, that is telling the truth, insted of keeping everything to himself like most.

i was in a rental out of red door, nice shack but bad spot it was pretty windy so i could not move around much with no shack. If people want to fish there be my guest,me and the reliable guy with 2 posts, will be the ones laughing. grin.gif

I fished Matton a week ago or so now, and can add that the success I had was not near what blach is sayin! Missed 2 fish on rattle reels in 36 hrs of fishing, i was not on the exact location he is referring to, but I was on the flat and did not notice anyone out there every day.

Do you have GPS cords for that free beer? I will go back up and fish matton all weekend, maybe even take a week off work. grin.gif

hello, everyone. just a reminder that there are still some honest people left in today's world. hopefully you take some and give some! grin.gif

Yeah, but I don't know too many people, honest or not that will give up a good fishin spot. It's like when your out on the big lake, you got a fish on, your buddy picks the net up and raises it into the air, suddenly you hear 3 outboards fire up, and before you know it you can carry on a conversation with people in 3 different boats, and of course the fish have stopped bitting now. Can anyone relate? grin.gif Good Fishin guys

This reminds me of a time fishing on big sandy with my brother who doesn't fish that much. I was working off gps to hold us on a spot in the wind and it was a bit tough but we were catching fish. He saw the marker buoy's in the boat and asked why I didn't use one. I told him that we'd have a ton of boats on us if I did. He didn't beleive me. Just before we left I threw the buoy out and before we could get ready to leave there were 4 boats within wispering distance. He was shocked.

Jim

Bouys and windy days... I remember one time my buddy had a flat black bouy he used so people couldn't see it. Funny thing was it worked so good we blew by it and couldn't find again! grin.gif The funniest thing was the next morning we went back out in the general area and there was 5-6 boats out there. Lo and behold, guess where they were fishing!

Funny thing is the one I threw out when my brother was with was flat black also and it still attracted a bunch of boats.

Jim

Im gonna test this theory out this weekend by throwing a bouy in one of the holes I drill grin.gif

laugh.gif Thats good thinking, make sure that you throw the marker out in the hole inside your fish house, then they won't see your hot spot!!! Keep us posted on how it works!!!

Eye,just make some "home made"markers with plastic pop bottles,throw them out at will and just sit back and watch.When the fishing slow this is the best entertainment going! grin.gifc63

Did anyone actually fish Matton this weekend, i was going to go over and get some free beer but i was too drunk to walk. grin.gif