• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BARNACLES

fishinbabe

We tried fishing out of there last weekend and didn't have a bite at all. We are new to Mille Lacs with last weekend being the first. Want to give it one more shot, but was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a heads up of where I might try out there for anything. I know it's a big lake. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Good luck everyone this weekend.

Fishing was pretty decent, but has slowed quite a bit the past two weeks (for me and reports I've been hearing). We getting into that time of the Winter. They are getting some mediocre perch fishing just off (I use that term vaguely) the sand break to the left of the bridge. The flats fishing for my gang in the permanents has been pretty spotty. We are catching some walleyes, but they very streaky (no pattern). Best luck has come on the dead sticks/rattle reels with fatheads, red or green hooks with a bead. I know if you are mobile and find a less crowded/secluded spot on a sharp break on any of the north flats and concentrate on working up and down the break you should get into some fish.

Also, stick to the roads (they are in great shape) and drive slow.

If you are going up on Saturday afternoon be prepared for a zoo, due to the tournament.

Good luck,

HB