• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
elbinowalleye

where to fish for eyes on Miltona?

elbinowalleye

Wondering where the walleyes hide in Miltona. Does anyone know?

StrosLit31

Miltona has alot of structure and if you can put your self on a sunken island or on some steeper breaklines, you will find yourself some walleyes. Do you have a GPS or Lakemaster? I know lake master sells a promap series map and has really good details to find the hot spots...

bigbucks

About 8" off the bottom...

Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

StrosLit31

Hey big bucks, i saw a couple of earlier post saying that you have been fishing Miltona lately. I am going up tonight for the weekend. Are you going to be out this weekend?

bigbucks

Probably not unless it's Sunday afternoon/evening. It's girl's scrapbooking weekend, which translates to my wife is gone & I'm on kid patrol. They just aren't that into fishing most of the time. Hopefully when they get a little older, I keep trying.

I was out there last night & got a few. I still haven't managed anything over 15", but before last night I hadn't gotten any over 11" out there, so I'm improving a little. At least I had a few worth cleaning. I've been on the lake five times in the last two weeks & fished probably 7-8 spots. I've caught close to twenty walleyes, but they were either small or really small.

Good luck!

StrosLit31

Well we fished Miltona Friday night until Sunday morning and it was pretty slow for us. Manage one 19" on Friday night and then moved spots on Sat. and ended up getting 4 walleyes but all small 14" and less. We fished in 24' to 40' of water with better luck on top in 24' We marked alot of fish all weekend but it just seemed like the bite was off. Dont know if it was becuase of the cold front that moved in or not. The wind was pretty brutal on Sat. to say the least. The boat launches on the north side and east side had open water at both and it looked like someone drop a fishhouse or truck in on the east side with a large area of open water. confused.gif

bigbucks

That's been my experience out there the last couple of weeks, tons of sniffers, very few biters. How did you get on & off the lake then?

Is the NE access passable now or not?

I haven't been anywhere since last Thursday when I was out there.

StrosLit31

yeah it looked like you could still get a vehicle on at the NE launch just had to stay way to the left. The ice heaves by shore have been getting bigger it seems with this cold and shifting. confused.gif

PP Angler

I pulled the house off of Miltona on Sat., the north access (Old Sandy Beach access) is in great shape to get on/off, the east access has been a mess since the last warm spell of 38 then it got cold and heaved up big time.