• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lungbuster4

Looking for a good trout lake...

Lungbuster4

I am looking for a good trout lake that is doing well thank you

Steve Foss

Go to Tofte or go to Miners. Both are doing well, if you fish them well. Don't be put off if one person says they haven't caught a lot of fish. I'm hearing from a couple people who don't post on this forum who continue to catch fish from both lakes. Follow the given advice about lures and tactics and staying away from other anglers.

NewMNIceFisher

Try Lake Mine near aurora. Lake and rainbows have been planted over the years. You will see lots of fish in 30 fow with the trick being to get them to bite. Have fun.

Lungbuster4

Thank you all for the help i appreciate it good luck

oz1970

pine mt. on the gunflint is an exellent slake and rainbow lake

thewalleye

Another good lake to try that not many people fish is the Gilbert Pit. You can usually catch 3 to 6 rainbows a day but most are small, but you do get some nicer you. And even once in awhile a nice laker 10# plus.

So Good luck!

NewMNIceFisher

Welcome, Walleye. I haven't tried the Gilbert Pit yet, but its good to know I have another option when I visit the Range. Where do you turn to get to the landing? What depth do you normally find the lakers at this time of year?

SKIPPERS KID

THEY ALL ARE GOOD LOOK UP the planting report on the lake and make sure you can move and try different presentation on the lake you fish good luck to all that fish

Surface Tension

Welcome aboard thewalleye. I figure I'm pretty good at locating fish but when it comes to mine pits I'm a little intimidated so I've never tried them.

I'd imagine a guy would get setup on a bench somewhere along the outer rim. Then theres the suspended fish roaming the open expanses of the pit. Anyone care to share or expand on fishing the pits?

thewalleye

The way you get to the landing is go thru the mainstreet and turn down the hill at the corner of the Whistle bird and the hardware store. There is signs there to. The spot we have found to be the best are to the right of the landing in narrows off the points in 60' of water. It's been slow for lakers this year, but rainbows are doing great.

Good luck!

NewMNIceFisher

My limited experience would say the lakers are near the bottom and the rainbows are suspended somewhere above. True? Do the rainbows run about 15 inches or so, or are they any bigger?

thewalleye

True the lakers are on the bottom and the rainbows run 10 to 20 ft down. Most of the rainbows run about 12 to 15 inches but we have caught quite a few up to 4 pounds. They are in there.