• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TRDtom69

Whats your Favorite Jigging technique's?

TRDtom69

What jig method is working the best for pan fish?

I like a 1.5 foot fast up stroke, then a slow flutter back to my original depth.

mrpike

I like to lift around a foot and a half to two feet, and let it fall slow, until I mark a fish, the I move to a slow short bounce, and then sit still. If I can't get any response I will lift it slowly to see if I can get them to follow it. Not sure what kind of jiggin you would call it but it works for me, maybe someone has a better idea. using an underwater camera has been a really good learning experience.

Team Otter

A favorite? Well, if you insist...Short, subtle twitches of the rod tip well above the fish you're marking.

Zemp

I agree with Otter! I've always had most of my success with short subtle twitches, varying the speed until I find what works best. Although, when I'm not marking anything I will use a more violent 6-10 inch up down motion. Sometimes it works to attract fish, especially with a buckshot type jigging spoon. Once the marks show up though, it is back to a more subtle approach.

Team Otter

Forcing fish out of their comfort zone (i.e. well up the water column) is ultimately the name of the game. grin.gif

fish4all

I have found a techinique that has worked for me. let your presentation fall slowly to the bottom and then lift it 6-12 inches and hold it still.I also bring many different types and sizes of lures and change until I find what works best. hope this helps and good luck fishing.

Team Otter

You must not be fishing with electronics...

TRDtom69

Sometimes getting the fish out of their "comfort zone" makes them bite a little bit faster. I just don't think they like to set out in the open looking at food when they might be food, so they bite!

Team Otter

Interesting thought.

fish4all

that is a basic explaination of the technique.and yes I use a vexlar.it is a winter version of a of open water jig and live bait presentation.but more importantly I will change the size/shape/color or techinque until I find what the fish want.this aproach has helped me catch many walleyes this winter. smile.gif