• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whats your Favorite Jigging technique's?

What jig method is working the best for pan fish?

I like a 1.5 foot fast up stroke, then a slow flutter back to my original depth.

I like to lift around a foot and a half to two feet, and let it fall slow, until I mark a fish, the I move to a slow short bounce, and then sit still. If I can't get any response I will lift it slowly to see if I can get them to follow it. Not sure what kind of jiggin you would call it but it works for me, maybe someone has a better idea. using an underwater camera has been a really good learning experience.

A favorite? Well, if you insist...Short, subtle twitches of the rod tip well above the fish you're marking.

I agree with Otter! I've always had most of my success with short subtle twitches, varying the speed until I find what works best. Although, when I'm not marking anything I will use a more violent 6-10 inch up down motion. Sometimes it works to attract fish, especially with a buckshot type jigging spoon. Once the marks show up though, it is back to a more subtle approach.

Forcing fish out of their comfort zone (i.e. well up the water column) is ultimately the name of the game. grin.gif

I have found a techinique that has worked for me. let your presentation fall slowly to the bottom and then lift it 6-12 inches and hold it still.I also bring many different types and sizes of lures and change until I find what works best. hope this helps and good luck fishing.

Sometimes getting the fish out of their "comfort zone" makes them bite a little bit faster. I just don't think they like to set out in the open looking at food when they might be food, so they bite!

that is a basic explaination of the technique.and yes I use a vexlar.it is a winter version of a of open water jig and live bait presentation.but more importantly I will change the size/shape/color or techinque until I find what the fish want.this aproach has helped me catch many walleyes this winter. smile.gif