• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
carpshooterdeluxe

predator hunters; any success so far?

carpshooterdeluxe

anybody been putting the smack on some yotes or fox yet this winter? im finally getting out next weekend for three days; just wondering if theres any success stories so far this globally warmed up winter?

Lang

no luck for me yet. although i dont really hunt them much. i shot at two coyotes in our field by our house on saturday with my 30-06 but were about 400 yards away on a dead run haha i didnt get them

carpshooterdeluxe

lang; whereabouts are you located?

Lang

i live by the small town of Comfrey, Mn.

foxhunter

we shot 5 coyotes and 3 fox today. we must have seen a dozen yotes in all. we had 5 yotes together in one section right off the bat.they were chasing a deer.

dstrey

Do you use dogs, or do you call for them

foxhunter

spot and stalk.calling doesn't seem to work around here.

basssmasher*

hey lang . i think i may know you, u shoot pool 4 outlaws in spfld?

Lang

nope thats not me. must be a different one theres lots of us around the area haha

carpshooterdeluxe

goin out all day tomorrow; danvers bar predator hunt. i cant believe i got talked into going out to freeze my chones off. i better get some shooting....i'll post the results of the competition later this weekend.

basssmasher*

hey carp I froze my chones off last weekend doing the Polar Plunge in Green lake and I survived.. ( have a cold now ) I think you will be fine as u will have clothes on, or i HOPE you do!! lol tongue.gif

foxhunter

we shot 4 more yotes today and had 4 more get away on us.

carpshooterdeluxe

well we hunted all day yesterday and only managed to anchor one coyote; a big dark male, but we should have had two more. oh well thats hunting. it was absolutely amazing to see all the fresh sets of tracks that appeared between sunset friday night when i was scouting to yesterday morning. even with the below zero temps the yotes were moving all night friday night in the full moon. the one yote was good enough to get us third place in the predator hunt and $80 that we promptly "donated" right back to the bar till. my head hurts a little this morning from the celebratory yag-bombs. GO COLTS!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Tpowers167
      Hi, I am writing on here to try to find the owner of some fishing gear that was left on East Rush Lake. I found it last Sunday morning and would like to get the gear back to the owner. If you can describe what you lost I'm willing to meet up and return your stuff back to you. I know how much it sucks losing your gear and starting over. Call me if you think it might be your gear.  Travis 651-315-9913
    • leech~~
      Best to contact the DNR and let them access it to see if they think it's an issue before you end up with a fine.
    • iiccee63
      No, I went out the north access that you can't launch a boat on. 237th and Granda off of North Shore Trail. Very north end of Lake 1.
    • Camp and Fish
      I know there's no perfect boat for all rivers and lakes.  But, I've had aluminum jonboats for 60-years with no problems, so far.   My question is....  what type of aluminum boat do you like for most MN lakes?     I like  a 1648 boat, but undecided on the bow type....  Flat bottom, modified. V,  or Deep V?   What do you like?     Thanks for your help.     
    • Mike Walerak
      Just a heads up that you cannot trap beavers on an WMA without a permit from the wildlife manager. 
    • nofishfisherman
      The cost is for sure starting to get up there.  I've been wanting to take the kids but I just can't justify the cost for a weekend of fishing.  All of ice fishing trips end up being guys trips where we all split the costs, then it doesn't end up being that bad.  I'm guessing the bulk of the groups that outfitters service are groups of guys splitting the costs and that is partly what drives their pricing.  If they were pricing the houses and services with families of 4 in mind they likely wouldn't be able to charge nearly as much.    I can't fault the resorts as they are pricing based on what the majority of their clientele are.  Very few resorts are out there getting rich regardless.  I do however think hundreds of dollars a night for a single room shack with plywood bunk beds is a bit crazy when you really think about it. I pay less per night when staying in high end hotels in down town Minneapolis.  
    • DWBMontana
      Lease is full
    • fishingMN4eyes
      Just booked our first LOTW winter trip this week. Interesting and funny😂 reading this thread. I thought the price for a long weekend was a bit steep, but like others have said, it's guys trip so we will be paying per person. I can fully understand the family angle.   Thanks for the laughs!
    • gunner55
      Not sure, leech~~. But her health may have a play into it, as about the time he was rebuilding our place, he started just after Labor Day 2013, she had a major accident while riding 1 of her horses. The horse landed on her & crushed her hips, so bad they said she was lucky to be alive & were afraid she'd never walk again.  Her not being around to do his paperwork actually caused some issues with some of the other sub-contractors at out place. Many surgeries later ,with them having to come down to Mayo for the last, she seems to be able to get by.  I agree to in that I think the business would be easier to sell with the bar & restuarant too. Another issue is that all her good help has had to find different work & would be very hard to replace. Know there's quite a few people  that are  still hoping they rebuild.
    • Pat McGraw
      FYI May have been mentioned before but just in case, there is a ridge running from Gold Island towards Breezy Point in Frazer bay as well.