• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

mattkimk

Anybody know if the open water area on Clear has tightened uip and about how much ice there is?

Thanks

Matt

ATW

I walked out and fished that area last Saturday, 1/20 and found 7-8" where I drilled. I was just off the underwater point on the East side of the former open water. Pretty spooky crossing the real clear ice in the middle of the lake though! It looked thick enough, but I didn't punch any holes - be careful!

Paul

mattkimk

7 or 8 huh? How deep of water were you in? Want to bring the wheeler out this Saturday

ATW

I found 7-8" from the top of the bar at 5' to 20' at the bottom. You should be fine with your wheeler if you watch what you're doing. The thin ice area is pretty well marked - you can stay completely away from it unless that is the area you're targetting.

fisherman-andy

I've never fished Clear in the winter. Caught a few nice Crappies there last fall. But the fish were spotty.

LwnmwnMan2

Saw there's a road plowed on Clear, and a Chevy driving across it today.

It was towards the north side though, nowhere near the open water area....

missfish

Hows the bite been out there?

WallyGator12000

I fished clear tonight...man it was a cold one, good night to have the tough pup running on full grin.gif Caught 4 crappies in about 2.5 hours, so it obviously wasn't good, but we did catch all of them in the last 45 minutes, and marked more fish on the LX3, I just had to get home...

birdswacker

Any updates at all?

concreteman

anyhting going on clear gunna head out there tomorrow

birdswacker

Why's everybody so tight lipped about it? Not looking for exact spots just general info.

concreteman

Be out on clear today if anyone is out, white f-150.

john.wells

Quote:

Why's everybody so tight lipped about it? Not looking for exact spots just general info.

Lurkers. Once any good comments are made about a lake it gets the crap pounded out of it. Especially Clear.

concreteman

so i got a good story about my little adventure to clear yesterday. As anyone knows if they were on the lake yesterday, got (Contact Us Please) was it windy! So me and my buddy were set up, out there somewhere near the thin ice signs. Well it got really windy say around 7-8 o'clock last night, he got a 6800 clam pop up, and the wind was so strong it was starting to pick up one side of the house. so we figure we werent quite ready to leave yet so we were gunna pull the truck in front of the house to block some wind, so he got out to move the tuck, and i stayed in the house. So im sitting there jiggin away and all of a sudden the holes disapear and im sailing across the lake, what an experience and then ttrying to stop the house that was a battle in its self. If anyone has seen grumpy old men and the seen were he pushes the house out to the thin ice and the house goes down, that's kinda what it was like, except for the house going down thank god. The funny thing is we had the house so banked it cause we knew it was gunna get windy but wind was just to much for the slush. Thank god we didnt have the heater running or we might have had a sunflower hole in the house. I would suggest bringing spikes to anchor the house from now on with all the snow melting on the lake, we however thought we wouldnt need them, smart guys we are.

good luck fishing

the concreteman