• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyebjim

Driving to 9 mile?

eyebjim

Has anyone been driving out to 9 mile with trucks and wheel houses or is that not advised? I see that hunters has posted that they have posted roads out to 9 mile. I'd like to go out there this weekend with the truck and not have to bring the wheeler. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

shadyzr

I have gone out from hunters point once without wheel house, mine is already out there. ($10 access fee, $30 if you have a wheel house). I have also gone out of Twin Pines, ($10 access and $15 for wheel house), and Garrison Sports on the west side. There are no marked roads to 9 mi. out of Twin Pines. Don't know if G.S. has marked roads to 9.

I have gone 4 times with 1/2 ton PU from west side useing GPS with auto-tracking on it, following same tracks. Drilled about 40 to 50 holes on way out, 17 to 20 inches of ice. I'm not saying this is a safe way to go. driving off roads is risky. There have been quite a few coming out from west. The other option is Liberty Beach, they also have a road to the 9 mile, alittle rough but its marked. Call ahead to resorts and check.

eyebjim

shadzyr,

Thanks for the info!

Jim

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Dash 1
      I just wrote to those five people. I am amazed at how I live in the South Haven area and yet every time I learn about these meetings after they happen. And they don’t understand why we feel they want us to stay off “their lake”.  Need to be more open and up front publicly about these meetings. As I have stated before in another forum, I have not fished Sylvia since this was implemented. Also I have not bought bait or boat gas in South Haven the last 2 years. I will spend my money where it is welcomed. I have been cleaning my boat at landings for years, plus power washing it when I get home. I am sure many good anglers/boaters do as well and for them to make us go through this inspection, which is out of the way and not even open 24 hours is rediculous. I am all for stopping the spread of AIS, but there needs to be better ways of doing a it than keeping the lake from all users.  We need everyone to get involved in this even if you don’t live near these lakes.  AIS is affecting us all but we need everyone to speak up about how it will be dealt with, or more lakes will be “closed” to the public with this inspection program.
    • CLPDB
      Ten Point what resort were you out of?  Thinking of going up this weekend.
    • gimruis
      I haven't seen many yet. I did see a good number of pheasants on a drive to and from Pierz the other day though.
    • gimruis
      My point was that I don't want ANY ethanol in an engine/motor that gets used for a while and then sits there - that's why I run ethanol free premium in them.  The ethanol sits there and gums up vital engine parts.  All of my irregular use engines are modern 4-strokes that run very smoothly and use a minimal amount of fuel and I'm going to do everything I can to keep them like that.  I use normal 87 or 89 octane unleaded in my truck because I use that almost every day all year round.
    • BIGFISH.JZ
      Got 5 nice 12"ers to fill my special regulation lake limit.. Morning bite was as good as evening bite has been. Released another 7 smaller 10" class fish. Fished 545-700 am. Crappie minnows were the bait of choice today. 1 rod was all I could handle with these suicidal slabs. Had one snap my 4# test flourocarbon leader on the hookset. 
    • creepworm
      The issue with that is, the DNR strongly supports "AIS Prevention" such as these inspections. So I doubt the DNR will stop funding activities on lakes that are doing something they would like to see expanded.
    • BIGFISH.JZ
      This is from a major marine engine maufacturer, YAMAHA, perhaps you have heard of them... "Not long after the introduction of E10 gasoline, boats using it began experiencing problems. Almost immediately mysterious substances began clogging fuel filters that were later identified as a byproduct of mixing fuel still in the tank containing *MTBE with ethanol-blended gasoline, but that was only a harbinger of things to come. Fuel lines approved for gasoline engines on boats reacted badly with the ethanol additive and started breaking down causing clogged filters; and in cases where the problem was not identified quickly, possible fuel leaks were the result. Any sludge deposits in older fuel tanks began dissolving and were pumped into the fuel system, damaging components and making a mess of filters. And boats with fiberglass fuel tanks were subject to the added nightmare of ethanol actually eating away the resin, which required replacement of the tank and in many cases, serious damage to expensive engine components like valves, carburetors and injectors." *MTBE was used to boost octane pre-ethanol. We won't even go into my opinion of damage I've personally seen in the last 20 years. But if you would like more direct quotes from big name industry leaders let me know.   As I stated before I won't comment or advise unless I have first hand knowledge on the subject... I know NOTHING about biodiesel. Until boats are powered by it, it doesn't even exist in my world. Sorry Bob, I got up early to slay some slab crappie, not research diesel issues. Crappies don't catch themselves!🎣😉
    • BIGFISH.JZ
      This is from Chevron lubricants, released in August 2018, listing the 3 main problems with ethanol blends. "Phase Separation: Gasoline oxygenated with 10 percent ethanol is capable of dissolving far more water than conventional gasoline alone. When this gasoline, ethanol and water blend is cooled, both the water and some of the ethanol become insoluble. The result is that the fuel separates into two layers or phases: an upper gasoline layer and a lower, ethanol-rich water layer. The gasoline layer will have a lower octane number and may cause knocking. The fuel also is less combustible; an engine will not run on the water-ethanol layer.   Corrosion: When water finds its way into the fuel system and combines with air, corrosion of iron and other metallic surfaces can occur, potentially affecting fuel pumps, injectors, fuel tanks, and other metallic components, causing them to degrade and decreasing their useful life. Water resulting from phase separation can also cause rust or corrosion over time.   Deposits: When gasoline components react with the oxygen in the air, the result is the formation of peroxides or gums. Soluble gums can lead to engine deposits, and insoluble gums can plug fuel filters. Deposits can also form throughout an engine’s intake system, including the fuel injectors, carburetor, intake manifold, intake ports and intake valves. The result is a noticeable decrease in engine performance, power and fuel economy, while increasing emissions and drivability." 
    • monstermoose78
      Seeing lots of birds turkey 🦃 time
    • Ten point
      Just got back from LOTW fishing for us was slow. But if you put the time in and watch your electronics it can still be good. We're fishing in 32ft lot of small fish just need to keep the hook away from them several good fish still coming thru. A few slot fish up to 26 1/2 inches walleyes 15 to 17 saugers 14 to 16 lot of water under the snow in spots.