• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
eyebjim

Driving to 9 mile?

eyebjim

Has anyone been driving out to 9 mile with trucks and wheel houses or is that not advised? I see that hunters has posted that they have posted roads out to 9 mile. I'd like to go out there this weekend with the truck and not have to bring the wheeler. Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,

shadyzr

I have gone out from hunters point once without wheel house, mine is already out there. ($10 access fee, $30 if you have a wheel house). I have also gone out of Twin Pines, ($10 access and $15 for wheel house), and Garrison Sports on the west side. There are no marked roads to 9 mi. out of Twin Pines. Don't know if G.S. has marked roads to 9.

I have gone 4 times with 1/2 ton PU from west side useing GPS with auto-tracking on it, following same tracks. Drilled about 40 to 50 holes on way out, 17 to 20 inches of ice. I'm not saying this is a safe way to go. driving off roads is risky. There have been quite a few coming out from west. The other option is Liberty Beach, they also have a road to the 9 mile, alittle rough but its marked. Call ahead to resorts and check.

eyebjim

shadzyr,

Thanks for the info!

Jim