• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
suick100

Foster House Part II

suick100

Just got back from another Red Lake adventure with Pat Foster at the controls. Seals everywhere but managed to dodge most of them, except this one young and sassy one who would not go back down the hole. We used the Patented Club Red Seal stick and that finally worked to get rid of him once and for all. Anyway, yes the fishing was GREAT! This time the crappies, were visiting us. Myself and two other guys ended up with 24 Slabbys, biggest one measured exactly 15 1/2 inches and the rest were your typical Red Lake 14 incher, which always amazes me, compared to any other lake, these fish are absolute monsters. We also got our limit of nice 16 inch walleyes, some perch and no big Gators. All in All another awesome trip and Foster came through once again. Thanks again for the great house and service Pat. Had one Red Lake rookie along and seeing his eyes pop when that first slabby came up his hole was priceless. I will return with my son on Presidents Day weekend and maybe my son will catch the big gator this year. Last Feb 06, I caught a 22lb. Northern within 15 minutes of arrival. The Triangle and the Seals live ON!!!!!

prosdaughter

Thanks for the update! Do you mind if I put this on our website? laugh.gif Send me pictures through the site and I'll post them to prove your fish story! (I would have pm'd you, but it wouldn't let me)

kelly-p

Foster's on crappies!!!!!!! Warm up the trucks and grab the ropes. We're moving the houses over to give him some "neighbors". grin.gifgrin.gif

Pikester

Could you post his GPS coords when you get a chance? Thanks Kelly grin.gif

huntingislife

Uh oh tongue.giftongue.gif

Maybe he is on fish by my shack. I will be up tomorrow to check it out. Watch out Kelly, I am bringing captain this weekend grin.gif

kelly-p

I know which house he hasn't moved in the last few days. cool.gif It isn't by you "huntingislife". I think you should move about 1/2 the way back towards Hillman's. Where you are at now doesn't seem to be happening yet. Usually it is late Feb. and into March before we find them there in big numbers.

huntingislife

I was thinking about moving this weekend. I wasn't sure if I should move that far back in or maybe just back to 6 miles.

minimite

when r u gonna bring your girlfriend back up so you can take some more memorable pics! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

huntingislife

Quote:

when r u gonna bring your girlfriend back up so you can take some more memorable pics!
grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

She is coming with this weekend, but so is the dog. Should be interesting. At least people remember me when she is along. smirk.gif

minimite

have one or two or three at hillmans for me this weekend grin.gif i'll be thinkin of ya when i'm doin hog chores this weekend mad.giftongue.gif

huntingislife

If the count isn't double digits its not worth mentioning, right. grin.gifgrin.gif We will definitely be supporting the Hillman family fri and sat night.

suick100

Hi Melanie, Go ahead and put the posting on Pats Website, we had a great time up on Red Lake and always do. Except, those darn Seals continue to harass us when were reeling in the crappies, they are really a pain and Pat needs to get Bigger Seal Clubs. Anyway, my buddies took all the pictures on there digital cameras, so I will get those to you as soon as I can. I have not yet entered the digital age, still have the throw away camera. Hey Kelly, keep Foster in line until I return on Presidents Weekend. FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

minimite

good luck cool.gif

jm15

Suick100, I'm heading out with Foster tomorrow and was wondering what kind of jigs & colors worked best for you guys on the slabs??

kelly-p

Hey jm15, bring Foster some cookies, he has a sweet tooth. grin.gif

suick100

Hi Jm15, We had the best luck with the glow demon hooks, green, red, and blue for the crappies. Walleyes it didn't seem to matter, I caught alot of them on a plain red hook or anything that glowed into the evening hours. Hope this helps and good luck to you. Like Kelly said, Bring lots of sweets for Foster.