• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
PikeTipper

H20 Mounting kit?

Question

PikeTipper

Anyone know where I can get some kind of suction cup mounting kit for my ifinder to use in the truck?

14 answers to this question

PK3

Picked up a RAM suction cup at Gander...works excellent.

anyfishwilldo

I second the motion on the RAM mount. I have one in the boat, and the wheeler for my H2OC. The nice thing about the RAM mounts, is once you have the cradle and arm, you just need to buy the base for whatever, or wherever you want to mount it. I got my ATV mount at Gander, and the boat mount at Reeds.

PierBridge

Got mine at Thornes Bros kind of spendy though.

MiscFolder012Custom.jpg

schweady

Spendy, but rock-solid. They're done right.

iffwalleyes

Mount it right on the a piller of you truck and it won't go anywhere.

CrappieAttitude

Make sure you get the big suction cup. I have heard that the smaller one doesn't hold worth beans.

CA

Jeremy airjer W

Quote:

They are generally the same price no matter where you buy them. I happened to get my bout mount at thorne brothers as well. The major reason is they had it in stock!!! The big box places, at least in my area, rarely have any of this stuff on the shelf.

Click on my sponsor link below and then Click on the Thorne Brothers link. You should be able to find what you are looking for.

schweady

Quote:

Make sure you get the big suction cup. I have heard that the smaller one doesn't hold worth beans.

CA

Yeah, I wouldn't personally trust suction cup mounts for every situation. When I termed RAM as 'rock-solid,' I was speaking of their mounts in general. I don't own the suction cup style, but lots of folks swear by 'em in situations when the vibration isn't severe.

Ralph Wiggum

My suction cup mount is similar to Pier's and mounted in the same place. Mine has a lever that twists to secure the suction cup to the glass. It is very solid. I think it cost me about $40. I'll try to get a picture of it later today.

PikeTipper

Quote:

Quote:

They are generally the same price no matter where you buy them. I happened to get my bout mount at thorne brothers as well. The major reason is they had it in stock!!! The big box places, at least in my area, rarely have any of this stuff on the shelf.

Click on my sponsor link below and then Click on the Thorne Brothers link. You should be able to find what you are looking for.

I've looked at Cabelas and 1 Gander and no luck so far. I'll have to make the trip to Thorne Bros!

Daze Off

I got the permanent mounts for the boat - one for the console and one for up front. They even sell a magnifying glass the size of the H2O screen that mounts between the arm and the unit holder and has a goose-neck so you can move it in front of the unit when you want it and away when you don't.

Got mine at Gander in MG

Daze Off

Ralph Wiggum

Okay, here's what mine looks like. Like I said, it is pretty solid, and I bought it online. There are tons of possibilities out there as far as mounts go.

rammounteh2.jpg

HaywardBound

Ryan, where did you get yours? (I like the twist lever thing).

And do you guys have a problem with the power cord reaching your power source?

Jon

Ralph Wiggum

Hayward,

I ordered it online. Send me an e-mail (address in my profile) and I will get you the info. I'm sure I shoudn't post the link here.