• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Meat-Run

I know I could post this in the "job forum" but I think going directly to the GR forum will speed up my response.

Heres what I'm looking for. I have an older brother that has an unbelievable wealth of knowledge in the retail hunting/fishing industry and is wanting to move to GR soon. He has been selling guns, archery, fishing equipment and many other products in the outdoors and I think he would be very usefull as a "rep" for some company or business in that area. Very personalble and hard working. I am sending this out because he doesn't have internet access and I do. So any good leads or companies that IS looking or maybe is a great place to work would be very valuable. If you would like to email me directly you can. Thanks in advance for any help.

Trent Baumann

(Meat-Run)

tbaumann(at)winkelman(dot)com confused.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Meat-Run

bmpd

Team Otter

Your brother and 1,000 other people with the same idea.

Good luck in your job pursuit for your brother.

Meat-Run

Team Otter,

thanks for your honesty!

mr

Big R

Must be chaos in a town of about 8,000 with 1,000 people looking for jobs in it.

jiganator

Good Luck!!!

My 19 year old son and I are both out of work here in the Grand Rapids area

With Amesworth closing down. Nearly 300 people got layed off from there. Then you start to see the snowball effect. Loggers who cut tree's for the board plant, the truckers who hauled it, the equipment dealer who serviced and sold the machinery, trucks and other things needed to conduct business. The cafes, gas stations who have lost business. the banks who are getting boats, snowmobiles, atv's, homes back.

The slow, no snow winter, which has had little to no snowmobiliers from the twin cities here. The slow build up of ice on area lakes, that kept people from comming up ice fishing.

I have lived here for the better part of 20 years and have NEVER seen it this tough.

Sad deal

Dugan69er

Maybe not the exact field you are looking for, but I do know Hibbing Tac & Keewatin Tac are doing some limited hiring. Good pay, probably shift work, good benifits. It's a start, eh? You can fill out the applications online also. Good Luck!

Later............Dugan!!!

amoebus

Multiply the layoffs this year by 100 and you have the rest of the range over the last 40 years. I grew up there and left to go to college. Nice place but not a lot of high-paying jobs.

You should have your brother call Ben's Bait and shoot the bull with him for a while. Maybe he has heard of some people who would give him a try.

Scott M

Hey, not to hijack, but is that tax free development stuff helping out up there or not? I always see that when I drive into town....

papabear

welcome to Northern Mn. In the 70 and 80's it was the mines, now it is Ainsworth(10 years at the bemidji plant myself) We can all see it coming but no one in st paul cares until election time.