• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll probably fish the tournament next Saturday (Feb 3rd) on Fish Hook lake. This would be my first time fishing it and I'm hoping to get some info.

Can you fish anywhere on the lake or is there a set tournament area? Also would you be OK if you have to walk or do most people show up with a sled or ATV? Also can you park by lake? or is there a shuttle?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Huey

Yes, there is a set area that you have to fish. you enter through a gate that gets you into a roped off area to fish. there is off the lake parking where you can board a shuttle bus that will bring you to the lake. the only way you can drive on the lake is if you are handicaped or disabled.

remember....no tickets are sold on the ice so buy them before you arive

Where can you buy tickets in advance? Is the ticket good for any type of raffle prizes even if you don't end up fishing? Thanks.

I would suggest contacting the American Legion at 218-732-3360. They are the headquarters and can let you know how many tickets are still available. As of today there are tickets yet. Make sure to bring your icecreepers or you'll likely end up on your bottom. Good luck to all fishing and enjoying our great area.

No portables allowed or alcohol during the fishing contest.

Tickets can be purchased at the American Legion ONLY on

Saturday morning. All other vendors will be turning in

their tickets on Friday. The club is located on highway

34 east across from Thielen Motors, going towards Walker.

It's going to be cold folks, so dress for at least -10F

on the ice. Ice cleats are a must, very little snow on

Fishhook lake. Tickets are good for all raffle prizes

even if you elect not to fish!

Anyone coming, we appreciate your support in the Park

Rapids area. The Legion uses the funds to support many

non-profit organizations in the area throughtout the

entire year.

Woody

These aren't changes to the normal routine are they? Meaning, are the fish catagory prizes still, "catch-only" prizes?

Is there a list of "official rules" anywhere - or something that someone could post on here - that would be great. Are only people with tickets allowed in the fishing area? I would assume you have to be 18 to win the prizes? If so - can you bring a kid in with you or a non-fisher person? Just curious - I found a website that lists the prizes and times/location - but not the details - and that may be helpful to avoid confusion the day of??