• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

blf8518

I am new to the Duluth area but i am a huge ice fisherman....just need a starting location as to where one could find some eelpout on the St. Louis...it sounds crazy but i just love hauling these things in. Not planning on keeping fish just want some action

Northlander

1st off welcome aboard.

Secondly I think your best bet and easiest for you would be Boyscout landing area. Most people head down river and you will see them or where they have been. Dont think this is the only spot to fish though. If the Pout are still in the area they will be on the channel edges. I like about 12-14' of water. You will get both eyes and Pout then.

Go through Gary and Boyscout is as you get out of Gary and straight down the hill. DONT DRIVE OUT! Its a very easy walk with some cleats for traction. Good Luck!

Great Outdoors

You should plan on keeping some of the Pout. Skin them like a Bullhead, take the meat off both the ribs, and the tail. Coat them with mustard (plain, ordinary mustard)then roll them in breading,fry in hot oil/grease like a Walleye. You will never throw one back after eating them cooked in this manner. Throw a little Real Lemon on them with salt before eating, they are very good. This is a good recipe for Walleye and Northerns also, try it! ooo.gif