• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
walleyecheeks

Ice condition in Bayport

walleyecheeks

How much ice? Still slow? Was out a couple weeks ago and nothing.

hitthebricks

Was out today from 4-7pm and never had a bite. Ice was good on the wisc. side, 12" and a few full size trucks running along the shorline. HTB

TRZ

nobody should waste valuable fishing time on that dead sea! the bite is totally dead this year worst i have ever seen. i will not be back till open water-too bad it is one of my favorite plaes to fish. confused.gif

hondavxr

I will have to second you on that TRZ. I spent good time there last week and nothing, NOTHING at all.

john.wells

Just out of curiosity- do you guys always fish the deeper holes out there? I haven't fished it for some time now, probably 8 years, but I used to fish the hell out of it. I noticed that when nothing was going on out in the deep stuff, I would do pretty good shallower. Maybe not so much the crappies, but walleye, sauger, and smallies and an occasional northern. I would just work some of the spots I would find them in during the summer, and these are spots that usually nobody hits, typically "drive by" spots. I don't know if a guy is able to get to where the pylons are north of the power plant, but sometimes, those backwater areas around there can produce. I sure miss fishing that whole area.

hondavxr

I usually fish deep like in 40 ft or deeper. This year does suck and the ice is just starting to get thicker so there are not a lot of brave souls driving everythere yet. grin.gif

Mr_Lunker

Was out there this morning with only a few small crappies, nothing to brag about. Slow and boring

Sinker

TRZ, long time,no see. I have to agree with you.I think it was three winters ago when we would fish down there in different places and do pretty well.The year after that I gave up after a few trips and the same with the next year.It was nice and close and if the fishing was good,so much the better.But now I don't hesitate to drive a ways to put some fish on the ice.Keep posting.

youngie22

we hit the bayport area pretty hard from pipe line on 'sconie side to bayport on 'sota side. dang mud puppies. I would say 12". full sized crew cab deisel scared the crap out of me when I heard felt and saw it heading my way. Ice was good and strong though.

walleyecheeks

Well at least the mud pups are are biting

TRZ

Sinker!! nice to hear from you me and Chris were talking about you the other day we wondered if you were still around. I might hit the river late ice let me know if you are interested. We were talking about the old days when people could actually share spots on this site! Now it is just a different beast. grin.gif

Sinker

TRZ, yeah I'm still here dude.Just don't hit the river anymore.I'm sure it still has it's days,but it's nothing like it was a few years back.I even gave it a shot this year twice,earlier in the year.But those two trips bagged me one 10" crappie.I don't know what happened down there.By coincidence,we bought a cabin NE of Siren,WI. in the fall of 2004.I've been fishing the lakes up there now.Also Big Round Lake,north of Amery.Say "Hi" to Chris for me.Talk to you later.