• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Eric B.

Big Eagle Lake Contest?

Eric B.

I seen they had a tourney coming up and the prizes looked pretty good but can't remember the date. Is it this weekend?

snowman678

Yes, it is Saturday.

Busdrivers33

Anyone have any more info on this contest. I know sometimes little contests like this let you use portables. I would like to bring the kids out. Anyone been out there before. How is. Any info would help.

Thanks Bus

concreteman

Is there any more info on this contest? When does it start? What are the rules/restrictions? Any info would be great

concreteman

another question is this the eagle lake just north of big lake, or eagle lake near maple lake

Busdrivers33

I hope its the one north of big lake. I know the contest is from 12:00 - 3:00. There is an add in the local paper about it, but it doesn't say much about it. I am going to go buy tickets tonight for it and hopefully I can get more info. Ill post what I find out tomorrow.

snowman678

As for the contest rules, I can't help you guys out. A friend lives on the lake & is getting me my tickets. Here is a clip from the local paper.

Help the environment by fishing. Participate in the Big Eagle Lake Improvement Association's ice fishing contest Sat. Jan. 27 from noon to 3 pm. and get a chance to win big prizes.

"All proceeds will be used to improve water quality and habitat on the lake," says Big Eagle Lake Improvement Association's Elaine Berg-quist.

Tickets can be purchased for $5 in advance at Coborn's, KleinBank, Big Lake Hardware Hank and Rental, Brock Tatge Farmer's Insurance Agency and Connections, Etc. On the day of the contest, they will be $10.

A free raffle ticket will be issued with each entry ticket. Extra raffle tickets will be given for every non-perishable food item brought for the Big Lake Food Shelf.

Raffle prizes include a $500 savings bond, two Minnesota Wild tickets, $100 Better Homes and Gardens gift certificate and a wildlife print donated by local artist Leonard Fellman. Raffle ticket holders need not be present to win.

Fishing contest prizes are similar and also include a $500 savings bond, Wild tickets and wildlife print, with hourly winners for the largest fish.

A special raffle will be held for a Strikemaster four-stroke power auger. Tickets for this raffle cost $10 each, but only 150 tickets will be sold.

"We will have extra drawings all afternoon," says Bergquist. "Cabela's donated lots of prizes. We have sonar fish finders, Cabela's sleeping bags, fishing poles, gift certificates and all kinds of other prizes."

Fishermen will be able to purchase hot chocolate and coffee, barbeque and chili.

"We had 14 inches of ice out there as of Sunday," Bergquist said.

Zzapp

I didn't catch his name, but the winner iced a 2 lb 13 oz walleye! Nice Fish! 2nd was a 1 lb 5 oz(?) pike.

If it weren't for the wind, it would have been a wonderful day - it wasn't bad if you faced ESE.