• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ist timer for my 4 year old a total success

wild4wild

I took my 4 year old to Upper Red Lake last weekend and just wanted to let anybody know that reads this forum that the stories are all true. We rented a sleeper from All Seasons Rental and Dave and Jay were very helpful and friendly. We arrived on the lake at 1:30 pm last friday and within 5 minutes of dropping a line had a 19" eye. It was the best 24 hours of fishing I have ever experienced and I loved having my little guy with me to show him the ropes and explain why we can only keep 2 walleyes(and he totally understood). In the 24 hours we fished, we caught 41 walleyes, only 2 of which you would normally throw back. Was hard to get 4 under the slot. we also caught a 14" crappie and a 20" Northern. it did not matter what I used, plain red hook, white teardrop with pink dot, gold forage minnow, they bit on everything. Managed to lose quite a few and had 4 or 5 line breaks as well. Will be back up this weekend with a buddie out of Hillmans sleepers and hope to do better on the crappies. Good luck to all and be careful out there

were you able to catch fish all night or did they shut down looking to take my kids and i cant decide to make it a day trip or spend the night.

thanks Chubs