• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
toolgarage

Coon Lake Ice Thickness

toolgarage

Anyone have an update on the ice thickness out on Coon Lake?

We're planning a fishin party out there for Feb 3rd, and I'd like to test out my new house, but I'm worried there won't be enough ice to support the truck and the house.

Let me know.

Tool

walterking

I would not recommend the truck on coon this lake is very inconsistent on ice thickness and every year people dump a couple vehicles in there most of the ice is around 11 inches just my opinion though.

awolff

I agree. I was out there yesterday and there was a Bronco on the ice, but where I was fishing there wasn't even a foot.

pikeslammer1

I was out there yesterday, ice was 11 1/2 thick in front of the beach on the east end.There were three full size trucks and a 18 ft camper out there. I would not drive on it yet I have seen variable ice conditions out there in the past!!

toolgarage

I finally got out there today. We had 6 guys with 12 tipups. Had a total of about 8 flags with 5 fish - the cold weather's taking it's toll, but at least the ice is thich enough to drive on with my truck. We had 4 vehicles within about 100' of each other without any problem.

We went out through the narrows towards the East end of the lake. The area we were fishing in had a consistant 16-17" of ice. With sub-zero temps tonight, we will only be adding ice!

Tool