• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

JustinG

Does anyone else have the ice fishing obsession?? I mean folks-THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR!!! I have all winter off from work so I fish everyday and I cant wait to get out there the next day!!! I dont have time to summer fish, I don't really hunt anymore....But I lose a lot of sleep sitting awake at night thinking about the next lake, red bar on the vex, hook set, road trip, and thrill of the hunt....My wife is soooo ready for this to be over!!!! grin.giftongue.gif

Justin- coming to a lake near you!!!

gunflint

100% the opposite here. I fish almost every day during the open water season but I don't touch a line after the water freezes over.

Surface Tension

You mean Fishing Fever?

Yes, and I'm having a relapse right now.

Steve Foss

Frank, I've heard people of your advanced age perform better on the ice after a dose of Centrum Silver multivitamins. grin.gif

BRULEDRIFTER

Im glad us tax payers can support your fishing addiction there JG. Must be nice!

Northlander
confused.gif

ewirz

Yup, accept it last all year long. I think I need therapy. crazy.gif

bigswede

I concur on the all year long thing. Just hoping that my wife doesnt make me go to a 5 step program!!

hookset 31

You betcha-Got addicted bout ten years ago and now go to great lenths for a fix. If my wife starts to talk vacation, i start looking to where the fishin is good. She is very understanding, sent me to AK for my 50th birthday.Tharepy is fishin.

Nate McVey

Can't help but agree! Only been doin' it for the last two years (was in CO previous to that), but I love ice fishin! Although I am counting the days until the steelhead start up the rivers! Nothing like cold wet fingers and a big smile to brighten a guys day.

jslytlemn

Justin -- Always refreshing to see others out there with the same mindset and excitement about the sport. Your enthusiasm comes through loud and clear! Have a great winter on the ice! -- jslytlemn

DuluthMedic

I've been at this "hard water fishing" for my first year. I spent a good bunch of money on gear...(almost became single, due to the amount)but I don't care, its too fun. I really haven't hit any great fishing yet, but I'm learning everyday. I work two days a week and its a must that I fish on my days off!!! I'm bored without it! Who knew an addiction could be this fun! Good luck everyone!

JustinG

Well, It is good to see that I am not the only one who lives to ice fish!!! grin.gif Headin' up to Upper Red Lake on Saturday-I hope my old Chevy truck makes it up there!!!

Have fun at the bash!!

Justin

JustinG

Hey Bruledrifter:

What makes you think taxpayers support my fishing obsession?

Justin

JustinG

The truth is Bruledrifter-

That is why I have such a hard working wife!!!

Skoal, Minnows, and Beer Man!!! Hey-If you find a good one keep 'em!!! grin.gif

Justin

BRULEDRIFTER

Sorry man, I guess I was assuming you were cashing in on unemployment, being you have time to fish every day. Sorry, I didnt know you had a sugar mamma to support you. Good for you, you found that 1 in a bazillion gals that would roll like that. It must be nice to have a gal work her butt off so you can chew, drink, and sit on a bucket all day. I guess I'd start to feel a bit guilty after a while knowing my wife was busting tail while I sat on mine, But hell, more power to ya, I guess I'm a bit jealous.

I too have a fishing obsession, however, I also have bills.

I spent 3 great years in that town up there whishing I could fish everyday. But being a full time student, and having an almost full time job to support myself, it was a luxury to get even a few consecutive days of fishing in.

Anyway, sorry for the missinterpretation. Good luck!

JustinG

Don,t get me wrong-I am by no means a lazy person. I have a very stressful job 9 months of the year where I work 7 days a week-sometimes 28-35 days straight. I also work an average 55-70 hours a week and I have no vacation time or any real time off. When I actually do manage a day off, it is to catch up on sleep and nothing else. So, I need this time in the winter to refresh, fish, and get ready for another season. It just works out really good that I am obsessed with ice fishing!! grin.gif

Justin

loadmaster

Sounds like a winner to me. Have ya seen the commercial for the rod the will not break and the wife says no fishing today and throws the rod into the garbage disposil and the next thing the guy is digging his rod out of the bin and goes fishing

sachem longrifle

I am not that obsessed with ice fishing. I do it only to pass the time till my real obsession...open water fishing. I do not hunt much anymore but I still greatly enjoy a walk in the warm and colorful Oct woods chasing the ruffies