• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
adam16

minnitoga

adam16

any body been out there yet how thicks the ice and hows the bite p.s. im a new member

fish-4-fun

Good luck. A few years ago the bite was great out there, but now nothing. I don't know if this is true but I heard the DNR cleaned it out and shipped the fish off to other lakes.

osprey2

We fished Mennetaga last spring 2 times and cought lots of nice walleyes both times,tough boat landing though.

fish-4-fun

OK story time!!! My first trip there was a few years ago. I had 2 boats at the time so i got a boat of girls and a boat of guys together to have a little contest. Well we got the boats into the water no problem. To get the boats back out though I had to take my pants off and get into the water and of course I tried to be sneeky cause there was a ton of people out there and wouldn't you know it one of the girls starting pointing and laughing at me to draw the attention of about 12 spectators. Boys won by the way!! I caught a nice northern that took the win.

slotlimit

When people fish out there where do they fish. Is there any structure? I have only fished it once in the winter but I've watch people pulling carp and northerns across the road.

adam16

I fished it a few years ago and we just started punching holes every where and put out tip ups we sometimes jig for them we caught a few walleyes that was three years ago tho frown.gif

fish-4-fun

There is very little structure but the fish do stick in a few key areas.