• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
TRZ

Crappie

TRZ

last week the guy at scenic bay resort told me that a 18 ich crappie had been caught in isle bay, has anyone been out there and having luck on those monsters? grin.gif

FISH-24-7-365

TRZ, I have fished Isle late in the season for those monsters. 3 outings 3 days in a row. The first time out a limit of 12" to 13.5" fish. Second time the same. Third time SKUNKED!!! I have heard from an old timer of some 14" maybe 15" fish but 18" you better put the 10" spool on the auger.

tearin' lips

Here's a question for ya. I would presume those crappies would be suspending over deeper water adjacent to the islands on the south side, correct?

I realize how touchy of a subject this is to alot of fisherman, and I am not looking to get an exact spot. A simple yes or no answer would suffice. Heading up there this weekend for the first time ever and am really excited!

TRZ

They get them shallow, and those babies are good eat'in a 18 incher could feed me for a week! for 8$ I'll give you the GPS cords for the spot the guy got the 18 incher.

tearin' lips

Thanks TRZ, I can take it from there. I am from rainy and we do alot of fishing off of deep water adjacent to islands. Big crappies are not uncommon for me and I know how much fun they can be. Thanks for the info!

Jimmy from Cottage Grove

I heard in march in isle bay they are so shallow you can see the bottom, and watch them take it down.

SupaMan

I have never caught crappies in the winter, too busy chasing walleyes. However, in the Spring time, before walleye opener, I would say April, I usually find the school of monster crappies of at least 10 inches, and i mean at least 10 inches.

Crappies are easy to catch on Mille Lacs during spawning season, if you know the spots!

brady_d

It's hard for me to say 10 inches is a monster. Go up to Red and you'll see some real monsters. Caught 20 up there last weekend that were all between 13.5 and 15 inches.

tearin' lips

Red crappies are really nice, but it is hard to say they are monsters when I am used to fishing LOW and Rainy. I have pulled many legitimate crappies 16-17.5 inches out of these bodies of water.