• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
sachem longrifle

Ok, I know you all have ice fishing...

sachem longrifle

on the brain but I will be starting a new job next month and orientation will cover all of Feb and most of March. I am planning on making a spring trip to the river. Is the last weekend in March or first weekend in April still good? I have read that LOW is a daytime fishery. Does that also apply to the river? Jig and shiner? With this new job, my ice fishing is done for the year so I have spring fishing on the brain

Royal Dutchman

Sachem,

Figured I'ld have a few weeks before answering the "ice out" question.

My feel, as of today, is we will have an early ice out, so last week of March should be good. That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee. Too many variables in the next 60 days to venture more than a guess but not much ice on the river to have to thaw. On the other hand, not much flow to break it up either....?

Long as I'm sticking my neck out, I hope that the bog being bone dry will have a positive affect on "The Forks" blowing out and stopping the bite early.

Just realized we're on the wrong forum with this.

As far as night fishing, have heard of a couple folks catching a few after dark before and I did catch one just out from our dock while waiting for the cleaning table to clear out one night. The river is not a real good place to be after dark even without ice jams and 33 degree water.

outdoor ran

Longrifle, go to the Rainy River forum and keep an eye out. You will get everything you need to know there for the spring fishing.