• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A lot of you west-enders have probably met Hank Maze from Chicago, a regular every summer for about the past 70 years on the west end.

If you look up "good man" in your dictionary, there'll be a picture of him there.

Hank passed away suddenly yesterday at home.

I can't shake this image of him, with St Peter in the bow of his old red Lund, trolling for walleye under the osprey nest on Norwegian Bay.

sorry to hear that hans....hank was a nice guy who loved to fish and could do it vey well..........

Quote:

A lot of you west-enders have probably met Hank Maze from Chicago, a regular every summer for about the past 70 years on the west end.

If you look up "good man" in your dictionary, there'll be a picture of him there.

Hank passed away suddenly yesterday at home.

I can't shake this image of him, with St Peter in the bow of his old red Lund, trolling for walleye under the osprey nest on Norwegian Bay.

I guess it just can't get any better then that!

laugh.gif

Cliff

• 4 months later...

An update.

Couple weeks ago was the memorial service for Hank at the military cemetary where his cremated remains were to be interred. The morning before the ceremony, Evelyn (Hanks wife and childhood sweetheart) passed quietly in her sleep.