• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Casey Fired

Down to Earth

I'm a little surprised at the timing, since the first few weeks of the month they were really hot, but what could he have done about KG's suspension or the Double OT loss without Garnett. The Atlanta game is indefensible. I think management didn't like the inconsistency. His substitution patterns were a little baffling. He wasn't a bad coach, but he didn't set the world on fire either. At least they played good defense and got something from Blount. Some nights Blount looks like an all-star.

I think they wanted to fire him earlier but couldn't find any justification. They probably always wanted Wittman. Oh well, it isn't the Wolves time and it probably won't be for a long time.

Do yourselves a favor and watch the Suns. I caught their game on Sunday vs. Garnettless Wolves...What a fun group to watch. If I had the NBA League pass, I'd be watching ever game. They will win teh championship this year.

So when is Taylor going to pull his head out of the sand and fire the one guy who really, really, really needs it?? He has had long enough to put a winning team on the court and has proved over and over again he is incapable of doing so. FIRE MCHALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's obvious that they are pals and I bet Taylor is in between a rock and a hard place with McHale....

Maybe Whitmann will see no reason to play Troy Hudson. Casey at least cut his playing time.

I heard Barreiro on the way home and he was about to have a heart attack. He made some good points, he went off on McHale (and with good reason). Star Tribune had an instant poll, What is your reaction to Dwane Casey's firing?

Results, at time of posting:

I'm fine with it and Randy Wittman's hiring, 14%

This is wrong, Casey was doing a good job, 5%

The wolves should hire a high profile coach like Larry Brown, 10%

Kevin McHale is to blame, the wrong guy was fired, 70%

I can't believe how long this has gone on. The only worse GM in sports is Matt Millen.

McHale hasn't made a handful of good decisions since Taylor hired him. I think it's time for him to leave.

If McHale can fire Flip, then Taylor should be able to fire McHale. Is Taylor that naive that McHale is the constant in all the mess that the Wolves are in? Everyone else is gone except for him. He is like Matt Millen of the nba. If Glen is wondering who he could put into that spot he could use Hoiberg or go after Rex Chapman who was here last year. Wonder why he left? Maybe McHale thought Rex was a threat to his job. That would be one of the few things McHale would be correct. Maybe McHale should step down and he should call up Isaiah Thomas and they should run a team together. That would be the nba's version of tweedle dee and tweedle dumb. You have to feel for KG. How can he take this? I think everyone would be happy for KG if he is traded to a contender to win a championship.

you guys are right, they fired the wrong guy. They should of fired Matt Millen, wait McHale. Kevin McHale is the Matt Millen of football. I dont know who has run their team into the ground more between the 2. Oh well get a fresh guy in here to turn things around

Quote:

Kevin McHale is the Matt Millen of football.

you mean of basketball. anyways. i agree with everyone. kevin needs to go. hes a nice guy and was a great player but that doesnt mean anything now.

• 2 months later...

Looking back on things, I guess they should have fired Casey earlier. Then we wouldn't have had those 20 of 32 wins holding us back from chasing down Oden or Durant. So much for Wittman's consistency and turning things around for those higher expectations in the front office.

Now with the 6th or 7th pick, they'll have to look things over a little more. McHale said he was going to be looking to make trades today, but what can you do with all those bloated contracts? See you all here a year from now with around the same record. Who knows if KG will be back.