• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lyon Sleepers

was wondering if anyone has been there recently. If so how give some fishing details and hopefully you had enough food because Tim and Justin always seem to eat all of our food when they stop in. I am headed up there in a few weeks with a group of nine and it cant get here fast enough.

We were up Jan 4-7 and had a great trip. 4 of us caught around 150 and the size was better than other years. We threw back quite a few 15-17" fish, even caught a few each night well after dark. As always the Lyon guys did a great job and with the fish biting you never go hungry ! We caught the majority on a deadstick and very close to the bottom, 6" or less. Gold jigs and Colored plain hooks seemed to be the best and I prefer shiners over fatheads. Some fish were caught jigging and up from the bottom a few feet so keep an eye on your Marcum.

Have fun and post when ya get back. I'm curious how far out they are now. We were within a mile from the access.

• 4 weeks later...

6 of us were at Lyon's Sleepers Feb.15-18 and had the most fun fishing we have ever had. Brought home 39 fish between 14&17. Big fish was a 24" walleye. Even got 4 nice jumbo perch. Pink and/or red plain hooks seemed to work the best. Used any type of pink/white jigging spoon to attract the fish then they would hit the dead stick. Very few hit the jig. Fat heads out produced shiners, but the big fish did come off the jigging spoon with 2 shiner heads on it.

my first time at this resort and I would have to give them 100% they are on my top five list. Great bunch of guys, Tim runs a great operation.

Not the greatest houses but Tim and Justin are awesome Tim is incredibly knowledgeable and fun to talk with.

I love sleeping on the ice!

Our group drives up from northern Il.every year,for the great service Tim provides.We fished Feb.15-17.Had 2 sauger fish frys and came home with enough for another.Great fishing,dead stick glow jig,bobber+red hook.We like fishing shiners but fatheads worked the same.Here I thought we where the only sleeper the Lyons guys ate at.1-800-JENNY CRAIG

Justin will eat and drink you out of everything and thats just a warm up after that he's off to the Bar for more fun!

fished with Lyons Feb. 22-24. Like normal, great time, great service. Fishing was below average, but the weather didnt really cooperate, very windy, cold and snowy. Caught about 20-25 fish a day, half went in the bucket, the other half were to small. We fished in the houses closest to shore and had a good morning bite, an ok late bite and very slow late morning/afternoon bite. Tim and Justin were their normal witty and charming selves, they really enjoyed our reading material and help make the trip a great time, even if they do occasionally sneak some of our foo and beverages into their pockets smile.gif