• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
sheephead24

first time on Mille Lacs

sheephead24

we are planning to come up to Mille Lacs for a day, just wondering what is the best time to fish up there for walleyes, day or night? we would be up at around noon and fish until 8 or so at night, do the walleyes generally bite up there during the day or would it be better to fish trhrough the night? Thanks for any info.

eyebjim

The timeframe you are going sound about right. THey tend to bite more at sunrise to 10am and 3 to 7pm or so. Of course you can catch em in the day and the night also just less frequently.

Good luck and have fun. It's a cool lake. Just be very careful of the cracks and pressure ridges. several trucks have gone down this year.

PieEyed

I think it depends where you are fishing. The last two times up I've had my best luck during the day, 11am-2pm. I was fishing deep water though. If you are in 15-20 fow I'd say what eyebjim said would be true.