• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was looking for someplace in the Pelican, DL area to bring some younsters out to catch some Sunnies, panfish ect. To get some action for them. Any suggestions ?? THANKS

Actually leaf lake near Big C has been doing pretty well from what I hear. A lot of people talk about Detroit Lake, but I don't know where to go there.

F-Dog or Dead should help us there.

anywhere there's houses on Little Detroit will work. I'm sure someone out has to have a better spot than little d?

How 'bout West Lost lake? I've done ok in 15 fow, nothing huge but 7-8 inchers can be caught.

Mike Martin

Why's that? I can say the same thing about 10 different lakes in the area; Lida, Little Detroit, Prarie, Middle C, just to name a few. All have been good and fish have been between 12-17 fow. Small glow/silver swedish pimple with a waxie has been my bait of choice. Some crappies have been found in the deeper (25-35 ft) water.

Mike Martin

If you're looking to just get on fish for the kids to catch, Little Detroit will give you all the little sunnies you can muster. Almost any lake in the area will allow this, just have to find a pocket in the weeds. It's just easier to find them on Little D.

Darn - know a Martin family from there. Some of the best people I have ever met. Haven't seen them in years. The oldest son was named Mike. Thanks and keep on fishen.