• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
The Cranker

Wind, Ice, and Fish for the Weekend!

The Cranker

For those who are coming up this weekend. I advise you all to check in with the resorts first before going out on the lake.

We have plenty of ice! But with the way the winds have been blowing the past two days we have some ice heave issues that need to be explained to you for your safety!!!

The crack from Big Point to 3 Mile is DANGEROUS!!! I was out there late last nite with a group that called the resort asking for help. They couldn't get accross the crack. There is a bridge out there that IS NOT MARKED WELL AT ALL and if you don't have it marked on your GPS you would never find it. We had another group that came in from that same area around 8pm and was pretty shook by that crack too. Again, please check with your resort before going out on the lake. We have plenty of safe ice! Just some areas that you need to be aware of!

It seems that Shiners on a dead stick is the way to go. I called a number of people this morning and shiners was coming out of every conversation. Allot of Big Fish being caught but numbers of fish being caught is low. The perch seem to be picking up a bit too.

Fish are being caught in 22ft to 30ft of water. The shallows with structure are producing fish too in quiet areas only!

Have a good weekend fishing on Mille Lacs.

Fish On!!!

Meat-Run

The Cranker,

Thanks a ton for that info I will be give my point of access a phone call later today. You just might have saved some peoples lives with this post. Thanks for looking out for everyone.

MR smile.gif

Matt A.

Cranker, wanted to add a "thank you" as well. I have been reading up a lot as I am about to make my first ever trip to Mille Lacs this weekend and the info you provide is most helpful.

It is all very appreciated!

Matt

wall_eye_assasin

Cranker, Thank you again for your knowledge and information. Cant wait to get up there Monday. Your help is appreciated very much.

Lip_Ripper Guy

Would it be possible to post the GPS coordinates for the bridge for everyone? It could be pretty beneficial for one of those "just in case" scenarios.

Paul Waldowski

IMHO,

It would not be a good idea to post the GPS Coords of the bridge. With a ridge that is that active, that bridge location could change 6 times in the next couple of days depending on the conditions. To post the coordinates giving people a false sense of security would not be a good idea. We highly encourage anyone accessing the ice to do so thru a resort and get up to the minute information from them.

ChaskaPerchJerker

Cranker thanks for the heads up. My wife and I are heading to Appledorns in the morning and are staying overnight in one of the cabins. Me and some of my buddies were up a couple of weeks ago and had a blast, thanks for the local knowledge!!

lindy rig

Hey guys.. where is Appledorns?

Bartz

There should be a link at the top of the page for Appeldoorn's. Quality service and people!

lindy rig

Maybe the link would tell me where it is???

haha! grin.gif

ChaskaPerchJerker

Awesome folks up there! Clean houses and newly remodled cabins and honest fishing reports. You can't go wrong