• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Constance lake

I have been hearing the same thing from guys comming in to get bait, if they bite they are small. There are a lot better panfish lakes right now that are hot, but Constance is not one of them.

Slab

mrgill,

Right now, Buffalo is going really good for crappies. We moved until we found the schools holding the bigger crappies. Waverly and little Waverly are also doing good for crappies. With either of these lakes, with a little sorting you can bring home a nice bucket of fish. Beebe, is also good, size though is not quite there compared to the the other ones. Granite has a good crappie bite at sundown by the island and you can pick up gills straight off the first point on Granite. Start shallow and work your way out until you find them. You will see a straight line of hole comming off that point. Also Rock Lake has been going good from what I hear, but I have not fished it. I have also been hearing about a Black Lake by Clearwater. You have to acess the lake through a pasture. The clearwter runs through it. I heard he lets the gate open during the winter for people to fish, but not the summer. Here are a few, I have some that I am leaving out because the pressure it there. We dont need anymore. Hopefully this helps.

Slab

Was out there last Saturday with our boy scout troop. We had holes drilled from 8 foot out to 15 foot wherever the boys told me to drill them. There is still a very green weedline out to 12 foot or so. We caught only one bluegill in 2 hours with 10 lines down in all depths - it came from the shallowest hole on a waxie and a horizontal jig. Water temp was still 39 degrees, seems like oxygen levels are good, so fish may be active still. I'd strongly consider finding a shallow, weedy, woody corner of the lake somewhere and start pounding a little horizontal jig quietly.

Like I said I did not name everything. These lakes are no secrets. The fish are biting on these lakes and can handle more pressure than some lakes I have not. There are 180 some lakes in Wright Co. I named 4-5 of them. I am not to worried about pressure for most of the lakes.

Slab

This site would be pretty boring if you didn't share lakes with others. Thats what we are here for. If you don't like it don't post your lakes but it is getting pretty annoying everytime someone posts a lake somebody has to say don't post specific lakes. He was just trying to help out a fellow fisherman.

Well, what's funny is that these guys that get offended (fishinalot & bassislife) are watching what everybody posts and still using the information. Why else are they here? Why are any of us here?

Personally, I don't share too much info, but then again I don't ask either. I just get on to check ice conditions and humor myself with some ridiculous posts...The way I figure it...those that do all the asking, are "fair weather fishing people" and are not going to disrupt the balance of nature with a weekend of fishing. The ones that impact the fisheries are the same one's that loom in the shadows, do all the complaining and have fish in the freezer.

"Eat it fresh or leave it in the lake..." is my motto.

The reason I don't like when people share stuff on these small lakes is because I used to fish a little lake in wright county for about ten years and then it got on the web and on one weekend, the little lake had about 100 houses on it. I used to get limits, but now I can only manage a fish or two, if I'm lucky. That lake hasn't and probably wont be the same ever again.

If you know a secret, don't tell!

To AndyMan:

I grew up fishing these lakes over 30 years ago. I don't mean to start something that might get us both kicked off this great website. I have looked back on your post and history, and see you were a rock/roll star? for whatever band? I grew up in wright co. catching fish while you were rock/rolling touring America. Bottom Line is this, We had better fishing when people learned to keep it to them selves. I admitt, I do check out the reports as often as the next, but I do not spread it out as our lakes in wright co. are about fished out now! You came from Detroit, how is the fishing out there? FYI I do believe in Catch-N-Release always have and always will. My freezer could be full, but it is not!

Several of the larger lake do fairly well for all the fishing they get. Any of the anglers maybe should look more at keeping some smaller fish. Granted nobody wants to keep 4-5inch sunfish, but only harvesting large fish, may lead to stunted fish. I have seen it with metro lakes, nobody wants 7" crappies, yet you could catch 30-45 fish in 30minutes. Posting lakes does not always mean the lake will be fished out. The people still have to find the fish, then try and catch them.

Jigginjim, I agree 100%. There are some lakes over populated with small fish that would take a long time before pressure would ever affect them. But there are a few small lakes that have nice quality fish, not many fish but nice quality fish that could be fished out very easy if the word got out. I think you know of a few its happened to around wright co.

I think if the DNR would get it together and have slot limits state wide on every lake, it would help all of our lakes.

Buffalo lake is one lake in the state that could really use it the most. Everytime a few small walleyes start to appear, the word gets out and most of them get yanked out before they get a chance to grow to 13-14".

Is there really that many people in this area that keep smaller than 12-13" walleye's? I don't know because I've never seen it, but I hear about it ALL the time??? I think the problem is the peeps keeping the bigger gals,...I have seen that. I think everything is what it is and happens because it happens, but I like to do my part in trying to keep all fisheries great for anyone to enjoy.

Quote:

To AndyMan:

I have looked back on your post and history, and see you were a rock/roll star? for whatever band?

You came from Detroit, how is the fishing out there?

Hey fishinalot:

I see you don't have much to say for yourself in your profile...

Yeah, I was a guitarist for hire and travelled the world over 3 times. Played golf and fished everywhere...those were great times! Got a family now and had to "settle down" ...

The fishing is so good in Detroit that the PWT and BassMasters hold Pro Walleye and Bass contests there. Lake St. Clair (Detroit River) has some of the best smallmouth and walleye fishing in the world...but my wife's from Elk River and has family here in Metro Minnesota...someday I'll return to my hometown of Detroit. I love Michigan. I love Minnesota too. Heck, I love the United States!