• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
icefishing

Horseshoe reports

icefishing

Just asking wht is happinbg out here on horseshoe to see anybody is catching anything out there. if you are can you tell how deep you r and where were or give me the right direction where u were. thnxs if you can help me out tht would be great.

Eric

Do you want me to bait your hook too?

On a differnt note. The chain is a great place to fish for many differnt spiecies of fish. Stop at one of the local bait shops spend a little cash and they will get you pointed in the right direction. Becarefull on the ice out there the Chains ice thickness can vary widly in a few yards. wink.gif

chris35

just curious if anybody is driving trucks out there yet. specifically becker, coming up tomorrow and wondering if i am going to be making the long walk or if i will be able to drive. thanks

steeplechaser2

we were out yesterday...out from 22....there were several full-sized trucks out...BUT I WOULDN"T TRUST IT. We drilled about 20 holes...some were 20" some were closer to 11" the current is very unpredictable, but the fishing was good...14 cats (one monster 9+lbs) and a few smallish 'eyes......rock bass to boot!

ret swabby

I was out on Long this morning till 2:00 folks were driving over in front of old browns resort. I didn't still not sure. I found the ice to be 13 - 15 inches around the bible camp area. Fished in 20 FOW managed 5 cats and to crappies. Cats suspended in at 15 feet and crappies on the bottom go figger. No eyes though. Nice relaxing time watching the snow fall.

fishwax

I have a cabin on Horseshoe but have never fished through the ice there (bought it last spring). I ice fish alot in the Minneapolis area. Any advise for crappies on the chain? My cabin is right by the two little islands on the west side so I am hoping to try close to home. Thanks for any help.

binsfeldnick

I know that the crappies were biting on cedar island lake on the west side of crane island. Also I beleive they were getting some out on the rock pile. If you know where they drive onto horseshoe in the winter the rock pile on cedar island is right across the road straight out. I'm sure there are houses out there.