• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrklean

Clearwater Lake

mrklean

Just wondering if anyone fishs clearwater lake. Looking to head down next week. Any tips? What kind of fish are in the lake. THanks guys

anyfishwilldo

The lake has most any type of fish you want to target. The ice really varies on this lake, strongly recomend not driving, and walking or using a wheeler. As far as tips, stay away from the masses, there is plenty of structure in that lake that you can fish by yourself, and catch plenty.

bassNspear

Anyone spearing out there?

anyfishwilldo

Quote:

Anyone spearing out there?

Probably better than half of the perm houses that are out there are spearing. Great lake for it, clear water and plenty of pike. Just try near one of the many exposed reed beds.

bassNspear

What locations are they are if i dont mind asking?

anyfishwilldo

That depends on how mobile you are. The lake is covered in reed beds. The masses are all set up just out from the acceses, both the public and BJ's $3 access. If you are not familiar with this lake, I would recomend fishing here because the ice conditions vary badly. You can have 14", and just 10 ft away 2". I personally do not drive my truck on this lake, and am careful as to where I go with my wheeler.

bassNspear

I can understand that the lake can have bad ice. The differenece in that water level on that lake, and the weird diffeence will do that for the ice.

anyfishwilldo

It also has the issue of mass amounts of carp that keep certain areas open, or very little ice. There is also the issue of current, seeing as there is a river that flows through it.

SpearPike

The spearing has been very dead for the last 2 weeks, before that it was decent. I would try Grand Lake it has been pretty good.

bassNspear

How clear is Grand?

SpearPike

Can't see the bottom but definitely clear enough to see fish come in!

bassNspear

I was on a lake few days ago, and you could have speared in 25 feet of water. Crazy