• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jjohnson5150

Old Radiating Heaters

Question

jjohnson5150

Our church has 12 old style radiator heaters that are just sitting in the garage. These are the super heavy / old school / forged steel / heavier than heck type. I am wondering if anyone has ever had to get rid of something similar and is there any value for them in salvage? confused.gif

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Whoaru99

I can think of two options.

Check EBay, et al, to see if there is any sort of market for them. Never know when someone may want to do a build or renovation with an old-school look (assuming the rads are generally serviceable).

If nothing else, there should be the scrap iron value what ever that is.

jjohnson5150

Good idea. Thanks for the input. Even if scrap = $.10 per pound, we should get a decent return. These things are heavy! They do work and were functioning in the rectory before it was completly redone.

IFallsRon

There used to be a retro home parts store on Washington north of the Metrodome. I can't think of the name now. A place like that may be interested. This Old House had a segment one time where they were looking through a graveyard of radiators for one that would match in their project house.