• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

sartell dam

river huntfish

anyone been fishing below the sartell dam lately. Hows the ice and fishing been

There's been a couple people out there each night for the past couple of days. Not sure how they have been doing though. Couple of the neighbor kids were taking the boat up onto the ice over Christmas break and had a good time.

The bite down there has slowed big time I have been hearing mostly little ones being caught, was out there last night and got a 11" walleyes and quite a few eelpout.

flowage you havent gone back out on the river have you? We havent caught much or anything

No I have not been back, I hate taking off those eelpout, they ALWAYS swallow the hook too.

I'd be interested in catching some 'pout. How would I access this area you guys are talking about? I live in St. Cloud, but I'm not too familiar with the local rivers or lakes. Is this an area that has walkable ice or is this open water? Thanks for any info.

Park at the Watab park and walk out. The last couple of evenings there's be a small convention going out there so be prepared for some close company.

89Bronco,

Take HWY15 to North. Take a left on Riverside/CR1. Follow that into Sartell. There's a little park (Watab) on your left just across the street from the dam. Park there.

Make sure you have big cajones. I have always thought that guys that fish out there are crazy.

So I'm guessing it's like an ice fishing tourney on thin ice without any prizes to be won? grin.gif

I fished down there ~15-20 years ago, and won't do it again. Like the previous post said about the balls. They were bigger when I was younger.