• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Polar Bear

Fished the reefs a mile or so out of MyrMar Monday evening thru Wed. night with very disappointing results. Saw about 15 to 20 walleyes on the rock reefs but could not coax a single one. Hundreds of dink perch on the camera, caught a few 9 inchers. All in all, 2 guys fished about 30 hours and managed to haul in 3 perch, 1 pout and no walleyes. Very tough.

Fished near sloppy joes from wednesday at 1 PM til today at 1 PM. We rented a house from Brandts. I was pretty happy with the house and the price. The walleye were there but did not want to bite. We managed to keep one walleye and about 8 perch and released a bunch of perch between 7-9" and to pout. Small shiners were definately the way to go.

We were also on the lake Wednesday and Thursday with poor results. Fished SW side Wed. with only a couple perch, but we had fun landing a monster pike. Thur. we fished for deep jumbos on the east side and landed five, but we really had to work for them. The noisy popping, cracking and groaning ice may have spooked the fish. A large pressure ridge formed against the shore line while we were out forcing us to use a resort bridge. Not one of our better outings, but still great to be on the pond.

I fished the flats Thurday afternoon and evening out of Red Door Resort. I found plenty of good solid ice (18"+) but couldn't find any takers. I fished from about 3 to 7 with one bite!

Headed back up tonite. Will fish from 5 tonite till noon sunday out of Fishermans Wharf and will post a report Sun. nite.

was out on Tues. night and all day Wed., overloaded on the Jumbo Perch and ALL Walleyes caught were OVER 20". was a great time !!!!

My dad and I were out from tuesday afternoon thru thursday morning. Fishing was tough though. We started out on the south end on tuesday evening and got skunked. Then on wednesday we headed for the west side of the lake. Went on at terrys and fished on northeast finger of shermans flat. Got 1 16" walleye there during the day and then started moving around. We ended up finding the fish at 4:30p.m. but they were very tough to get to bite. Ended up getting a 24" and a 18" and we lost a few. Lot of fish on the graph but would just come up to the hook and not hit. Got the 24" on a silver buckshot about 5' off the bottom. We were in 22' of water out on a mud flat. Not gonna say which one cuz there was no one else there. Heading back up on tuesday. Maybe they will cooperate a little better this coming week.