• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
WalleyeMike

Pelican walleyes

WalleyeMike

I'm looking to do some fishing on Pelican, Friday before the big X on Sat. Was looking for some tips. Depth, bait, general location, etc.

Thanks Mike

B420

The walleye bite has slowed up considerably for me at least. Your best shot is going to be early in the morning, or after the sun starts going down. Productive depths have been 23-28' with a small shiner or fathead either on a deadstick or tip up. The jigging bite just hasn't been there for me this year. As far as locations, just pick up a map, and look for the drop offs. I prefer the slowly tapering drop offs vs. the super steep ones. I would also avoid the crowds and areas with permanent houses. Good Luck!

fishroger

Fishing has slowed some the last week for wallys. Slimmers seem to be ravanous for larger shiners. Was getting wallys on pimple with minnow head. Tip ups with shiners are working somewhat but everything seems slow right now. Moved house deeper, 25-30', Tons of good dropoffs, Find one that has a shelf at the bottom, seems to hold some fish, also if weeds present it doesnt hurt. Like to hit 430-600P, its usually a small window when they come thru, maybe 1/2 hr of action then it tapers off. Some tulibees around if you hit the right spots, been hittin the medium pimple with minnow quite often.

WalleyeMike

Thanks for the info! I went out Friday evening and setup just off the island from the rocky point. Went into 27 FOW and just caught one perch. No one else around. I wonder about that ice heave. Any action close to that? I noticed some houses a few dozen feet from it on the NE side of the island.

fishroger

Have my house close to ice heave-no problem, ice about 18" now. Actually heave is exactly on top of my favorite spot, 30' of water at bottom of dropoff. In 33' now on edge. Been gettin a few on pimple and minnow head. Seems like they prefer the jig rather then a stationary fathead or shiner. Was fairly active from 5-5:45 last nite, wallys and tulibees.

gimmie_eaters

My buddy and I were out there on sat, fished the sw side of the lake. We fished 25-28 ft water with big fatheads on bobbers, red hook, about 1 foot off the bottom. We caught about 35-40 walleyes, mostly about 12 inches, but did keep 4decent fish. also caught a few very small perch.

WalleyeMike

Nice report gimme_eaters! Wish I could hook into some of those! Does anyone know if it would be "safe" to drive out to the island in an SUV?

B420

You can drive a vehicle out to the island. Just watch the areas with the pressure ridges (you can't miss them) and you should be fine. Folks have been driving full size trucks out for about two weeks. Good luck!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      I haven’t fished it but would use chubs like you mentioned if I did. Good luck ozzie.
    • SupraFishin
      Does anyone know where I can rent and/or use a paddle board on Vermilion? Thanks!
    • matt320
      We fished the small lake a few week back the water was really high. No luck with bass around the pads tried Texas rigged worms and spinner baits, we did find crappies in 8-10" around Lilly pads and reeds crappies were caught on panfish leaches and small glow jigs. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island.  Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green.

In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points.  A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well.

Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches.  Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. 

Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • ANYFISH2
      Definitely getting ready for archery season!
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Mike89
      I'd try to catch ya at lunch for a bit, if not doing something else...
    • FishingWebGuy
      Am I the only one? Less than two months 'till archery opener. 
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 😃