• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Harriet - safe or not

I know it has been open most of the winter but now with the cold and the snow it is hard to tell the new ice from the old ice. Is anybody out there fishing- I know where the fish are, but can anyone tell me where the ice is safe. Thanks

I fished the Southeast corner this evening. There was plenty of ice. A solid 11". I didn't wander too far out though.

thanks for the info next week sounds like my first trip out to harriet of the season -- high hopes!!

I might venture out to the MPLS lakes for the first time next week too.

Would you guys recommend harriet or calhoun?

the ice on calhoun should be pretty decent now... not too many guys are venturing out towards the middle, but that's no biggie.

i've been noticing a few guys going for walleyes in the evening hours on the SW side of the lake...

figure i might go out and give it a try some time this week.

Its not that hard to figure out, get a chisel and find out for yourself. If I relied on other people to find out for me, I probably would never go fishing.

Duckman,

The whole point of this forum is to share information. I guess you never ask questions here since it seems that you don't like it when other people do.

Sharing info like this saves a guy some fishing time, and also may help keep people safe. I hope you realize that.