• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Killer

Red lake river

Cat_Killer

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody has been having much luck on the river in crookston. I have only fished the river twice and was wondering if anyone had any tips for fishing out there. I was out a few nights ago and we got one

nice wally. thanks

Wiskers

Ya we have been doing pretty well.. it is very time sensitive for the bite. Most of the bite is early morning and late evening through the night. Shallow is the key.

Good luck and please exersize catch and release of the big ones. Too many are being kept already.

Cat_Killer

Thanks whiskers,

We had been fishing in 71/2 to 81/2 feet of water. Dont know if that is shallow enough or not?

We do practice catch and release.

Wiskers

Perfect... if you are not finding fish, move to a rappid bottom change.. That is the right depth but you might need some structure or a drop near by.

Ice%20Buster%20Daze%20flyer%20web.JPG

Cat_Killer

We were out on the river tonight and did pretty well. We got two smaller sauger and one nice 6lb walter. anybody else been having any luck?