• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

gonfishn

How's the ice on Green?

rookie44

13-15in everywhere i've been.

gonfishn

Anyone have any action after 7pm or is it pretty much shut down by then?

walterking

I just got back from green lots of small perch and walleyes today trucks everywhere 14-16 inches most places near the sunken island i did drill into a spot with only 5 inches good thing i was on the wheeler be careful if you decide to drive out but normally the fishing is a little better in the late evening from my experience.

B-fishin

Any daytime/afternoon bite on Green lately? Thinking of heading out for a few hours on Saturday to enjoy the mild weather and new ice!

Where was this thin ice? Are the trucks that are driving out sticking to a certain path?

B-fishin

Went out on Saturday for the afternoon. Trucks were everywhere, ice was about 15"+. Picked up a few crappies in 24' off the point. Lots of small perch to keep the lines busy.

janda176

Was out early Sunday morning of the point in 25' the ice is 15", all you can eat Perch buffet. Lots of full size trucks driving out.

SupaMan

I was out yesterday. Did well with the sunnies. That's about it.

ffjoef

Is it just me or are the crappies on green paper thin. I was getting them anywhere between 8-10", but there seemed to be no meat to them. Thoughts!!!

Stiff

Any further reports of thin ice (5") ??? I was thinking of driving out this Saturday, but the earlier poor ice conditions on area lakes in general still have me a bit concerned... It's been a weird year for ice....

I was thinking of trying Glyers Bay on the south end for pike. Is anyone aware of any springs or other things that might cause thin ice in the area?

walterking

you should be alright if you follow the tracks like i stated before that was the only spot i found with thin ice i have no clue why it was thin there is a contest out there sunday so the lake might be more of a zoo than normal this weekend.

NAGORSKI

I was thinking of trying Green on Sun. afternoon. Does anyone know what time this contest is over or how big it is? Any info would be great. good luck J.P.

whimpy

Hey JP did you grow up in lakeland?

89Bronco

This is what is in the Outdoor News newspaper: Jan. 28: Isanti Knights of Columbus Ice Fishing Contest, 1-3 p.m., Green Lake. I never have fished this or the Princeton contest (also on Green in Feb.) so I don't know how crowded it gets.

NAGORSKI

Nope, grew up in Woodbury and lived in Hugo for 6 years then just moved back. Thanks for the info on the contest, prob won't be out ther till 2 so we'll see how many people are there. Plenty o lakes to choose from. Good luck J.P.

rookie44

This contest isn't that big usually.the one in feb. is normally a lot bigger.

slick814

Isn't that contest on the Green Lake in Isanti county? Or is that the one you guys are talking about. I was assuming that you mean the one by Chisago.