• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

mattkimk

Anybody been out to square lake yet this year? What is the ice thinkness?

walleyecheeks

Went there on the 17th. Ice was 12 inches. Fished from 8-4 and got three rainbows, 12-14 inches in length. Fished in 15ft and was 6ft under the ice. Going on 25th to try it again

mattkimk

Let me know how ya did. I have been going to grindstone and doing ok. I am going to hit Square this weekend. need to get some more rainbows for the smoker

snatcher20

Mattkimk-

Thanks for the reply about driving on Grindstone in the trout forum. Was on Square 1/20 and did well. Fished in 15' and they were suspended. Waxies. People driving cars and trucks on the ice. Not I. Can you recommend any pointers on Grindstone. More interested in lakers. Planning on moving a lot and using the vex. Is that the general gameplan for lakers out there? Are the rainbows in shallower as on Square? Thanks for any suggestions if feel like it. If not, no sweat.

mattkimk

I have fished grindstone twice this year. Yesterday was my first laker ever. I caught that in 40 FOW on the bottom with a big shiner. 5-6 inch shiner and this 18 inch laker gulped it down. I have caught rainbow about 5-8 feet under the ice in 12 fow as well as 40 fow. Moved a lot to find idea structure locations while trying for lake trout. I will be hitting square this weekend with the wife so thanks for the info. Do cold fronts knock down the trout bite that you know of?

GRUMPY1

MATT, DO YOU HAVE A BROTHER NAMED PAUL?

Coach

Are people driving on Square?

walleyecheeks

There was tire tracks, Stll about 12 inches. Was there today form 8-1 and nothing. Talk to a couple people and they said it was pretty slow for them.

mattkimk

Not that I know of.