• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dvoss

Spirit Island

dvoss

anyone catching any walleyes south of spirit island?? what are you guys having better luck on fats or shiners? great posts on the ice conditions especially with the wind...water is really moving under the ice.

JYurek

Not sure of the resort we're going from, but my brother just made a reservation from a resort out of the SW corner of the lake...said their houses are about half way out to Spirit Island. Mentioned a solo guy Monday caught seven eyes in a afternoon in 25' of water right next to one of their houses. Don't know what he was using for bait.

dolsmi

Mostly we've been doing the best on fatheads on the south side of the Lake, 1, 2 mile and the gravel. All-though, we did have 1 good weekend on Fletchers flat using shiners.

Amber Guimont

we just got back from fishing spirit island,kings hump out of wilderness warmth. we used rainbows and had are best luck just east of the hump.

seekingwalleye

sniper, what did you guys catch out near spirit? what was the best times?

Nick

PROVJVD

DO YOU HAVE A PERM OUT OF WILDERNESS WARMTH? MAN, UP UNTIL A COUPLE WEEKS A GO THERE WERE NO HOUSES EVEN CLOSE TO SPIRIT. WE HAVE JAY GETTING OUR HOUSE PULLED OUT THIS WEEK AND CAN'T HARDLY STAND THE WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND!!! GOOD TO HEAR THE REPORTS FOR THAT AREA WATERS.

JIGGIN'

I've fished this area quite a bit in the summer and it is good usually all summer. Never much in the winter. Just out of curiosity, where is Fletchers flat in relation to spirit and Andersons reef??? Thanks

veximan

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, where is Fletchers flat in relation to spirit and Andersons reef??? Thanks

I just happened to have a map right here as we're making our first journey to Mille Lacs.

Fletchers is almost straight north almost to the opposite end of the lake. It's in the midst of Fishhouse flat, Barnacle Flat and Pantry Flat.

Herman

I also have a house with Jay at Wilderness Warmth...rumor has it that Jay is hauling the perms out around Kings Hump on Wednesday. He wanted to give the heave a couple days to heal. My Dad will be fishing Wed-Fri and I will be there all weekend. We are in a 10x16 brown/maroon house. Herman is the name on the house, stop by and we can compare notes.

What works best in this area, shiners, fatheads or rainbows? Should a guy have some of each?

Amber Guimont

we caught mostly walleys and a few jumbo perch,we were using rainbow,s and were on the southeast side of spirit island in 26 feet just off the rocks,and we do have a shack with jay at wilderness warmth,we are on the lake past the 2nd heave and have had good luck fishing.he is going to pull the bigger houses out to kings hump,and spirit,and another spot he has starting on wensday.

PROVJVD

WILL BE EAST OF KINGS WEDNESDAY TOO. BE THERE FRIDAY TO GIVE HER A SHOT. WE WILL LOOK YOU UP.

GOOD LUCK.

dolsmi

Fletchers Flat is on the north part of Mille Lacs about 4.1 miles due southwest of Barnacles Resort. Next to FishHouse and Bicher flat.

fasterthanyou

i have a house with jay i am the farthest one out on sprit island to the east i will be up on sat mourning stop out and say hi but i was up there last weekend and i had no luck fri and sat so i dont know maybe they were not biting and it was to cold to port on sat but anyways its brown with an american flag see ya all out there

sticknstring

A small group of us are renting a house from Wilderness this weekend as well... Sounds like the houses have been moved out to Spirit now so hopefully the bite will pick up a bit. I'll be up Friday in a green Sierra w/ a yellow lab running around if anyone wants to compare notes... I got a few beautiful smallmouth last sat out of the portable but would prefer to get on some jumbos & eyes this weekend.

Herman

Jay moved my perm east of Kings Hump today, my Dad is fishing in it as we speak. I will be up Friday through Sunday. There will be a silver Huyndai SUV and full size Chevy...feel free to stop by.

PROVJVD

Any report from kings. Went up there wednesday and hit 3 eyes, only one keeper. See you up there this weekend.

Herman

Wednesday and Thursday my Dad reported 8 walleyes (4 keepers) and some 10-12 inch perch. I will be headed that way in a couple hours.