• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
striker2160

Ice on main lake

striker2160

does anyone know how thick the ice between stony point

and marshall point and is there any bad ice spots.

trollenslow

I drove by stoney point and theres a big pressure ridge out in front of the Fed campground landing. I have not heard of marshall point,I Assume it's the point down towards Horseshoe Bay. That's all I can tell you. Sorry

Chris @ Reed's fishes Horseshoe bay area, he may be able to update ice.

Marshal point forms the far South edge of Horseshoe Bay and the West shoreline leading into Uran Bay

CB34

Fished out of Uram bay just past Marshall point this past sunday morning. There are ice ridges going north towards Stony and south across Uram bay right from marshall point. We were able to cross the ridges right at the point with a wheeler. I dont think a vehicle would make it over where I crossed anyway. We found the ice was about 18" thick. Fishing was ok, a few perch ranging from dinks up to 10".

CB34:

My wife and I are going to be on Horseshoe Bay the first two weeks of February. Have you fished, or, have you talked to anyone who has fished the humps in Horseshoe or

Grassy?

CB34

The times I have been out there I have not seen anyone fishing in Horseshoe bay. There is one large house that looks like it is out past big rock reef (towards Stoney). Where is Grassy? I guess I am not familular with it. I am planning to be up there both the first and second weekend of February fishing out from Marshall Point or Big Rock Reef somewhere.

Grassy is just North of Horseshoe Bay Resort and forms the North edge of the Bay. The house you see may be out in front of Grassy a 1/4 to 1/2 mile out. There is usually one there and several in front of Horseshoe Bay.

This will my first time up this Winter so I don't know which houses are set up. Horseshoe Bay does not receive much fishing pressure on ice.