• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

ec30_06

Anyone been out there lately? I have been out several times in many different areas. Weed lines have been producing lots of sunfish and pike but most are small. Deep water at night 30'+ has given up a few small crappies and lots and lots of lookers that wouldn't bite. Another spot about 9' in the weeds near a sharp drop to deep water was loaded with perch. Any idea where to find the bigger panfish or a few eye's. I know they are in there because they bit well last summer.

Enginejet

We were out twice this week and caught lots of crappie just no size to them. We kept one 13" and two others a little smaller but everything else went back. Those bigger fish must be there somewhere. All the perch have been really small too. I wonder if the bigger fish are out in the deeper hole that has been open the past few weeks?

V-12 Merlin

That open hole is from the famous Mazaska Monster, which feeds almost exclusively on big fish. Nobody ever sees it in the summer time, because it hides in the deepest, coldest water in the lake. In the winter, it swims near the surface and keeps the water open. Rarely, it surfaces and scares people half to death - those few who have seen it generally estimate it to be about twice the size of a polar bear, but with a head like a dragon. Ask any old timer about the monster and they'll tell you.... shocked.gif