• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
irishjigs

Don't forget to pinch!

irishjigs

All,

Please, please, please don't forget if you are measuring a walleye to see if it's a keeper or not, to pinch the tail together! A person I know almost got into some trouble if someone else didn't measure his fish again...

Just a friendly reminder! It's going to be a very busy weekend up on the pond. Good luck to all and please stay safe.

jigs

crappeyeslayer

If they are really that close why not just release? Grow big and strong cool.gif! That just my opinion!

stmichael

I am not preaching, but, I have to agree with crappyslayer. If it that close, if it is within a half an inch I let it go, I know the possibilities of the fish shrinking (I WAS IN THE POOL grin.gif)would be in my favor, but, it is just too close. Besides, the CO will be able to add another inch to the fish somehow. It is not worth the trouble.

IMO.

tunrevir

I thought this wa going to be about the previous nights supper?! I also agree when it is that close I would toss the fish as I just don't want the headaches or the ticket.

Tunrevir~

irishjigs

Guys, I usually agree with you...anything even close to 20" I usually let it go as well. Except it was this guy's first walleye. Kind of a big deal to him, I guess. It happened so I thought I'd post something for those that might be heading up to Mille Lacs for the first time...

Thanks!

jigs

Cheetah

If it's just me, ok, I can see throwing back a fish that is just about 20". If it's for a guest or someone who doesn't go fishing much, maybe a kid, or even if it's a super slow day of fishing. You can bet I'll measure that fish three or four times to be sure it's legal, then it's going in the bucket.

stmichael

Quote:

Guys, I usually agree with you...anything even close to 20" I usually let it go as well. Except it was this guy's first walleye. Kind of a big deal to him, I guess. It happened so I thought I'd post something for those that might be heading up to Mille Lacs for the first time...

Well, I am going to tread lightly backwards in light of the additional information, I am going to agree wholeheartedly with Cheetah. Seeing someone catch a fish like that, I would take the time and measure carefully. like stated 2 or 3 times.

However, to keep the fish from flopping around a person may have to go to extreme measures (knock it out shocked.gif) to make it stay still. grin.gif Kidding of course,

crappeyeslayer

To me i guess it is just the experience of the catch that is the most exciting! Even if it was a persons firt eye what is the problem with a quick picture and release! But you are right it is very hard to let that first one go! frown.gif