• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Driving on from Isle???

Matt A.

hey everyone, I will be making my first ever trip to Mille Lacs this weekend and was hoping for some advice on accessing the lake and getting around on it. Is it safe to drive on yet? Where is a good place to get on around Isle?

I am staying at a cabin by Isle and can't wait to do some exploring and hopefully find some hungry fish. Thanks to everyone who posts in this forum! I feel better trying my luck on such a big body of water(ND didn't have lakes like this!) after reading several of these posts.

Good luck to all and thanks in advance for any info!

Matt

There are a few resorts near Isle that have good ice and plowed roads. They each have an access fee (approx $10) to use their private access and roads. The resorts that come to mind are Macs Twin Bay and Angler's Paradise but there are many others on the southeast side of the lake. Good Luck!

Quote:

There are a few resorts near Isle that have good ice and plowed roads. They each have an access fee (approx $10) to use their private access and roads. The resorts that come to mind are Macs Twin Bay and Angler's Paradise but there are many others on the southeast side of the lake. Good Luck!

Thanks for the information! I'll be out around that area Saturday morning until Sunday evening with my clam 5600 and gray Lincoln Navigator. Stop by and say hi if you're around

matt let us know how u did saturday and sunday will ya, we are heading up on Monday and our first time to the big pond. Hope you catch em but leave us some.