• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

April 20th, 2007 - Sturgeon Excursion

Rick

When was the last time you tangled with a fish that was older than you are? How about the last time you have battled a fish that weighed upward of 100 pounds? If you are like most who live in Minnesota, your answer is never!

Change that. Make this year, the year you do battle with a prehistoric beast. Give yourself the chance to catch your fish of a lifetime.

All are welcome to be a part of the 2007 Spring Sturgeon Get Together to be held the weekend of April 20, 2007 on the Rainy River near Baudette, Minnesota.

Join your FM family in search of the largest fish that swims in Minnesota waters. Fish weighing over 50 pounds are not uncommon, and fish over 100 pounds are possible. From jumps to rod breaking dives to pulling 100+ feet of line and burning drags, sturgeon battle like no other fish in Minnesota!

Bring your heaviest tackle, catfish rods, muskie rods, and even very heavy bass gear will do. Beyond that, all you will need is muscle and some warm clothes.

After a day on the water, join us at Schusters and meet FishingMinnesota Staff and other FM members and friends: putting a face to a posting name is priceless. To sweeten the deal, it’s very affordable, as well, thanks to Schusters who’s opening its doors to FM members for an extremely reasonable price (to be added here shortly). Contact them here Schusters Resort or call 1 (800) 243-2412

To wet your whistle a short video clip from 2005...

Sturgeon Fishing Clip - CLICK HERE

harvey lee

I know I wont miss this great event. The sturgeon is one awesome fish to do battle with. smile.gif

DTro

Last year???

Oh you mean last , last year tongue.gif

I know there's few videos from 2006 floating around. Would love to see them wink.gif

eyepatrol

Awesome! I'm really looking forward to attending this event for the first time.

If anyone wants to hook up, let me know. I can fit 4 in the boat, so I could take on 3 passengers.

Tyler Holm

Awesome!

The weekend of the 20th works great for me. The wife will be in Vegas, so guess where I'll be.

See you all there.

Last year I caught a tagged one. This year I'd love to have one 30+lbs... Ohhhh I can handle it

barnyard

Brianna caught a tagged one also. This year, she wants to bring along a German exchange student.

Tom B

harvey lee

I also caught one tagged fish. I sent in for the info on the fish and it was interesting.

fisherking01

Come to think of it, i caught a tagged one also, e-mailed the number and don't recall getting the information about the fish. Guess I'll check into that. We'll be there again, really looking forward to that as well as "Cool Cats"?? We'll have the carbs cleaned this year before we come up! Brent

DTro

Quote:

Awesome!

The weekend of the 20th works great for me. The wife will be in Vegas, so guess where I'll be.

See you all there.

Last year I caught a tagged one. This year I'd love to have one 30+lbs... Ohhhh I can handle it

That's funny because when I mentioned this to my wife, her reply was, "Well, if you are going up there for the weekend, I'm going to Vegas".

harvey lee

Darren, it looks like you will both be having a great weekend. If we get a little colder weather we can go out and do some ice fishing. smile.gif

iffwalleyes

I won't miss it. Man it was so much fun last year. I have been looking foward to it since I left last year. I would also like to see some of those videos that are out there wink.gif

eyepatrol

Still pumped about this event! I'll have nearly a full boat....bringing 2 of my buddies along. Anyone know if prices have been worked out with Schuster's yet? Wondering if I can call and make a reservation yet? Man am I stoked! cool.gifgrin.gif

Mark Christianson

I called today. $20 per person per night.

eyepatrol

Awesome! I'll give'em a call.

Thanks!

hanson

Papa Grump, Dtro, and Myself have our cabin already. Same one as last year.

Papa Grump

I also have a new coffee mug to bring along wink.gif

Stratosman

What day is everyone going up??? I am guessing the 20th is a Saturday? Maybe we will come up Thursday night....fish friday saturday and maybe sunday a.m.....if the wife okays it first!!!

eyepatrol

The 20th is a Friday I believe. I'm gonna try and convince my guys to leave early on the 19th so that we're there by about noon or 1:00, leaving time for a little fishing yet in the afternoon. wink.gif

hanson

I went back and re-read Rick's post, the Sturgeon Excursion is the "weekend" of the 20th. smile.gif

If you are looking for an actual date, the magic day would be Saturday, April 21, 2007. Although, many of us will be up there for the weekend staying at Schusters and fishing in the bay.

I believe I am heading up on Thursday, fishing all day Friday & Saturday, and then heading home on Sunday.

barnyard

Crud.

The HS Prom is the same weekend as the excursion. Brianna is a freshman this year and Beth is a senior. They would like to go the dance together, as this will be the last HS event that they can attend together.

She is really torn. Her friends don't get it.

Part of me wants her to come along, another part says, go with your sister, you only have one and we can always fish another time....

I suspect that we will not be going and will have to try on another weekend.

Tom B

fisherking01

Ouch, I'd give in for the girls. There are opportunities for sturgeon most of the year. Kinda won't be the same without the FM gang there, but still would be fun. Good luck with that.

We've been booked as well and are looking forward to getting there. We'll be in by noon on Friday!

Sounds like a great time, See you there! Brent

hanson

Barnyard-

What a bummer! But being a high schooler once myself, it would be hard to give up the prom for a fishing trip.

There really are lots of opportunities to fish Sturgeon in the spring & fall, and I even know a couple places a lot closer to home too! wink.gif

Ralph Wiggum

Quote:

But being a high schooler once myself, it would be hard to give up the prom for a fishing trip.

Wow! I figured you would have done it in a heartbeat grin.gif

I'll be up there. Hope those hoovers are getting ready for my fury!

hanson

Quote:

Wow! I figured you would have done it in a heartbeat
grin.gif

Actually... I probably would have. blush.gif

Quote:

I'll be up there. Hope those hoovers are getting ready for my fury!

Not sure if I want to witness that! blush.gif

BTW... Who are you heading up there with??

Ralph Wiggum

I'm going with AquaJoe and possibly another...it's his boat, so it's up to him grin.gif

eyepatrol

Got our cabin reserved! cool.gif I'll have to call them back sometime though. I'm a little confused on the rates being that we're one person short of filling a 4-person cabin.

Well, at any rate, we got a cabin and I can't wait for the event! grin.gif And, if ANYONE needs a place to stay, we got room for 1 more!

Wiskers

Hey Rick.........woooooooohooooooooo I cant wait.. I will be in with ya... I only have one stipulation... I have some one wanting to buy my RP... maybe this week... After talking to RP I am not sure I will be able to get into a new boat by then or at all?????????? I am making plans on going so far.. boat or no boat. I will call ya.

wall_eye_assasin

Bass Catcher This is just a hope but maybe we can hook up, Gotta do some checking things out but it would be a blast I think. We were up couple years ago and were fishing for walleyes by the dam and caught 4 sturgeon. Id love to see how we could do if we went for them. Maybe we can get this hooked up.

barnyard

Quote:

Barnyard-

and I even know a couple places a lot closer to home too!
wink.gif

I know of a couple of places, but have never fished them. Brianna (and I) would love it if we could get together and fish a bit closer to home. Heck, I would even trade a trip and show you everything I know about the river around St Cloud or a muskie trip (I could supply all the stuff.)

The excursion worked well last year, because it was before the motorcycle season (we start racing in late April).

It's getting harder and harder to fit in all the fun summer things there are to do.

Tom B

eyepatrol

Keep me posted!