• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just heard on the Noon news that a car went down on Coon Lake near Theilen Beach on the Northwest side. No details.

What is that in the box of the pickup? Is that an ATV?

I heard you get better traction when you leave them in the back of the vehicle when driving on marginal ice that is insufficient for passenger vehicle traffic.

I dont mean to be rude(maybe I do).. but HA HA to the vehicle owner for dumping their truck.. its sounds like they got a bit chilly in the cab to boot in the ice cold water. Its a good lesson that should keep them off the ice next time when its not ready.. which could also save the life of someone else assuming the ice is ok for a vehicle and drive out and get themselves killed... let alone someone trying to save the person in either case that went through the ice, your risking their lives too by putting them in harms was to try to save your ignorant butt.

If that is an ATV in the box.. I guess that is for looks?

Common sense.

was that dumb bass? Or stupid donkey? Hope no one was hurt and hope they got a good lesson on ice safety. It is going to be a bad year this year for vehicles, talk to your kids that drive and make sure they don't try to"get away from it all" by going onto the ice! Remember those two kids from Tonka a year or so ago, drove right into open water! Talk to the people you care about and tell them the ice is not safe for a car right now, no media hype needed but man, if it saves someone you know then media hype is worth it. Besides, we fisherpeople, watch the ice conditions and take precautions right? Ice hype by the media just leaves more fishable& quiet water for the rest of us!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

The story on the news said that the guy was elderly, couldn't swim and even had a hard time walking. And the guy boasts that he tries to be the first one to drive on the ice every year. This guy just proved that age and wisdom do not always grow together exponentially. Personally I do not mind walking out to ice fish.

Well.. that atv didnt wish its way into the back of the truck. He also stated he will be back out there after a week of below zero.. lets see if he can get pulled out for a 3rd time in a year.

How many times until the DNR issues him a ticket? Or he doesnt escape the cab of the truck.

I have no sympathy for this person, I do have sympathy for his insurance company if they are covering the damage.

I wonder what wise decisions this guy is making driving on the road every day.