• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mayhew Ice

MinnesotaMuskie

its glenn57, from cold spring mn. we have a place on peterson lake. we corresponded some last winter. we are headed up at 4am thurs am.

I've been out to Mayhew twice in the last two weeks the fishing was slow lots of small perch and few decent sunnies. The crappies have been few and far between. Ice is holding up good measured 8.5in.

I really thought picking up a few small-medium pike for pickling woudl have been easier on this lake. I have tried everything and no luck...seems I worked harder for pike than eyes.

I drove out there tonight...lots of folks. Where do they spear? It owudl appear the spearing is donw to the left as you leve the access.

This rain will pretty much shut down the ice frown.gif

minnesotamuskie, its glenn57, we tried spearing peterson new years weekend lake real dirty. went to winnie got a few. nothig to brag about all weekend.

I have not been able to find clear water anywhere???

I have to be in Wisconsin for meetings all next week...I am going to try to get up there on the 14/15/16.

Thinking of trying Perterson and then walking into another small lake that is near our Hunting Shack.

minnesotamuskie, the water was real dirty on peterson when i was up last. todirty to spear and panfish did not cooperate either. just out of curiosity where exactly is your hunting shack? is that other little lake goose lake? there are a lot of little lakes around there.

If you take the forest road that goes south by the Spring Lake Store 1.7 miles to the end...there we are.

I was actually thinking about Little Spring???