• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DL forum get together

Nah, we gotta do it on a weekend when you can make it Dead. Maybe you and Peter can pick a different date and we'll see if that'll work for the rest of us. No way to pick a weekend it'll work for all of us, but it seems that we need to pick a weekend where you and Peter can at least be there- after all, you are putting the dang thing together!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DEADhead

• fisherdog19

• Dahitman44

• ScottND

We have not set a date, it just looked as if the 21st may work. Everyone keep posting a date falling on a Sunday from the 14th of January and on.

We'll get something figured out laugh.gif.

Ahhhh you guys are killin me. What I wouldnt do to be on the ice right now. Unfortunately just had surgery on my foot (post deployment junk) so it may be longer than I hoped to get out there, I'm in the cities right now and I think it'll be Feb before theres fishable ice with all this El Nino...whatever.. I want to get out there with you guys though, a later date would be better for me. Once I can hop on the 4 wheeler though, I may be out with cruches! good fishin boys.

-dead, planning on stopping by the office when I get up there fishing.

I will be in Mexico Deep sea fishing on the 21st of Jan. If I am the odd man out dont worry about me there will all ways be next time. I also have to work on the 14th and 28th running sound and lighting for a fashion show full of hot women. poor me.

Paul

wife's work schedule is not flexible. Unless I find a babysitter, I suggest Jan 28th.

I'd like to have this get together earlier in the season, because I'd still like to have a late-ice get together in March, especially if a bunch of members can't make it to this get-together.

A late ice idea is also great. Chase some of those panfish around. That way we could meet a couple times. I am flexible after 7th of January. I will meet pretty much any weekend there after. Whenever we can get as many people together as possible. I would like to hit either sallie or rose or some lake where we can maybe fish for some pike during the day and switch to crappies or walleyes at night. Do a little mulitfish targeting. That way we will learn a few more tips also. Sounds like transpertation to and from the houses to shore wont be a problem and room in fish houses shouldnt either. Sounds like a good time. Have a good holiday. I finished my 3 finals today and have a presentation tomorrow and then i will be on the lakes for about 3 weeks straight. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Hey, I don't usually post, but I do check to see

what you guys are up to. I would love to get out

and meet some of you guys. Sallie is way to close

to home. HOL sounds great. I have been hearing good

things about that lake already this year.

How does Sunday, Feb 4th sound. We should all be able to drive out, and we could still do a late March get together for late ice. What does everyone think?

Quote:

How does Sunday, Feb 4th sound. We should all be able to drive out, and we could still do a late March get together for late ice. What does everyone think?

Super Bowl Sunday

It looks like Sunday January 14, 2007 is the date of the DL Forum FM get together, on Height of Land lake.

HoL is a daybite lake and can produce some nice jumbo perch and bluegills. Walleyes, pike and the occasional crappie are also possible. Waxies, and teardrop jigs are standard fare, as well as finesse plastics.

There is some reported truck traffic on the lake right now. I still prefer travel by ATV/snowmobile. I will check ice thickness this weekend.

More info to come regarding the time of the event and other specifics.

Why don't we set a time to meet. As long as the weather holds up and it stays somewhat cold, driving out should not be a problem. I will be bringing my crankdown out and get it set up before everyone gets there. Why don't we meet at 9am at the South access just off HWY 34 E, just behind the bait shop. We will be fishing in 6-10 fow and you will be able to see the fish down your hole for some sight fishing. Bluegills and Perch will be the dominant fare, with the occasional slab, and walleye. There a A LOT of snakes out there, but it seems as if the more you see, the better the panfishing will be!! We'll fish until whenever (usually dies down at dark), and everyone is on there own for food. You can always drive to shore and pick up grub at the bait shop/convenience store.

Why don't we have a roll call to see who will be making it out. See you all there laugh.gif.

Quote:

Why don't we have a roll call to see who will be making it out. See you all there
laugh.gif

Count me in! smile.gif

HoL is about 15 minutes east of DL. you could probably make it from MH in just about an hour

sounds good I should be able to make it. Is this the official word on time and meeting place then?

good fishin

Quote:

Is this the official word on time and meeting place then?

yes. sunday january 14, 2007. meet at 9am at south access on Height of Land lake

Quote:

HoL is about 15 minutes west of DL. you could probably make it from MH in just about an hour

Isn't it East of DL?

Yes, East it is, Dead must have had a brainfart when he typed that shocked.gif. We'll try to get some scouting in before the 14th.

Maybe you guys could have a prefish meeting at the mainline in Downer the day before from noon to four is a benefit for Bill Carr. Many prizes to be given away and there will be alot of fishermen there. Anybody that can make it will be much appreciated.