• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DL forum get together

Alright, it's time to try to put one of these together. Post Suggestions for Date, Time, and Lake for 1 week and then DEADhead and I will get together and make a decision based on the consensus.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DEADhead

• fisherdog19

• Dahitman44

• ScottND

Quote:

what about a new years celebration?

or we could have it on the 30th and you all could bring me presents for my birthday wink.gif

I think the weather will end up dictating what lake we hold this thing at. I'd like to have enough snow and ice so we can bring fourwheelers and sleds out, rather than having to hoof it out to our spots.

Also, list what kind of meat you like to grill, burgers, brats, etc., unless you're a vegetarian crazy.gif

Why do you guys always plan these on days when i am going to be gone. Oh well i will be shooting birds in ND that weekend more than likly but have fun.

Well ill put my date in for the second weekend of January. I prefer saterday bc of school and those darn 8 am classes. But Sunday will due too. As for a lake, i really dont care, i could sit there and BS all day and that would be fine too.

Sallie is out for sure, we tried that last year. Melissa was used the year before. Pelican might not be a bad idea, but I doubt anyone wants to give up a honey hole. My vote goes in for Height of Land, it's a big lake, and we can find a spot that will put out gills, jumbo's, craps, and walleyes. There is a large sand flat out there we could fish, and I wouldn't be giving up my honey hole, and we can all still probably catch fish.

Will Height O Land require a sled? I'm interested, but don't have a sled or wheeler anymore. I've got a buddy or two who'd be interested also. Set a date in stone and I'll be able to plan a little bit.

I think that there will be enough sleds or wheelers out there. Matters on snow depth for me either i will bring my sled or i will steal dads wheeler when we figure out a date.

I will be interested, however, I do work Saturdays. Sunday would be better for me. Also, I'm kind of a wuss is the wind is blowing. Had my Clam take off on me one time and for anyone that's seen me, I object to anything that looks like exercise. No real preference of lakes, either. I like trying new water.

HOL would be fine with me, it's close to home and would be just something great to do.

Pine 329/ AKA chart1444 grin.gifgrin.gif

Scoot, I'll give you a ride on my sled, as well as anyone else who needs one.

I second the vote for Height of Land.

I vote for any weekend except the 2nd weekend of January (Sorry shae). that weekend is the stream trout opener, and I will definitely not be on any lake that doesn't have trout on it that weekend.

I wouldn't mind giving HOL a try either. I was talking to someone the other day that said it should be a good lake this winter also. The 2nd weekend in January won't work for me either.

I'm free any weekend. I too don't have any transportation on the ice either except my feet but I'm willing walk depending on the weather.

I would be wiling to go also any weekend after January 7th, (pheasant close in ND). The lake doesn't matter much to me but I would also need a ride if the spot is a ways out there.

I am up for Sundays. I work quite a few weekends on Saturdays with my play job. I am up for any lake, have house and wheeler will travel. my prefrences would not be any weekend between 14th to the 30th.

Yeah you guys dont plan around me eihter weekend i would be fishing but i would like to meet you guys some time. I might be around the 7th of January and any weekend after that. I like the idea for HOL but would also like Rose since i would like to fish it more since its close to my cabin.

A. Shae

Hitman you know where it is. Its the leauge that has Hawley, Barnsville, Pelican, Frazee, Ulen-Hitterdal and a lot of other schools that i dont care about naming. You know the one DGF wins like every year. smile.gif

Or Height of Land which is located over by the Tamarac refuge there by Detroit Lakes. Its not too difficult to get too just use the MN DNR lake finder and you should be able to see exactly where it is.

Well it looks as if HOL is the lake, now for a date.

Tenatively, it looks as if a Sunday in the latter half of January might be the best option. Only problem is Paul requested no date between Jan 14-30, and I'd hate to plan it all the way out into Feb unless that's ok with everyone. I was looking at the 21st of Jan for now, and we should most certainly be able to drive out there by then.

Paul, let us know if the 20th is a definate NO for you, or just would like it a different weekend.

What are everyone's thoughts on pushing it to Feb?

Peter,

I'm pretty sure I can make the 21st work. Can most the others make that weekend work? Definitely don't want to single anyone out, but it's pretty doubtful we can pick a weekend where everyone will be able to make it happen. I'll tentatively plan for the 21st and we'll see what happens...

Thanks for putting this together fellas.

Shae --

2-Shae!!

Heart O' Lakes. Actually watch out for the boys this year. They are 4-0 and chewing everyone up. Girls are 4-0 as well.

I'm in for the 21st, sounds like a good time. Maybe by then there will be enough ice to drive??? *knock on wood*

My wife is scheduled to work that weekend; I can see if she can get someone to cover her shift, otherwise I'd need to be home by 2pm.